Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher Pressure Washer

• 07-03-2013 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi
    I have a Karcher Pressure Washer which is giving trouble and I was trying to find somewhere in Limerick or the surrounding area to get it serviced/repaired. Would anyone know of someone who might be able to help? The website only lists stockists...
    Many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Clare Plant Hire in the Quin Road Industrial in Ennis service a wide range of products and stock Karcher products, you could try them. I often see a Karcher van going around the place, if I spot it again I'll try to get the details off it.

Are B & W Rewinds still in business? They used to repair them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is an electrical rewind place on Mulgrave Street/Ballysimon Road, just down from Stuffen's takeaway. No idea of the name or contact details.

bazz26 wrote: »
    There is an electrical rewind place on Mulgrave Street/Ballysimon Road, just down from Stuffen's takeaway. No idea of the name or contact details.

Thats B & W.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

mugsie2001 wrote: »
    Hi
    I have a Karcher Pressure Washer which is giving trouble and I was trying to find somewhere in Limerick or the surrounding area to get it serviced/repaired. Would anyone know of someone who might be able to help? The website only lists stockists...
    Many thanks
    whats wrong with it, is there water pissing out of the inside of it or is the hose broke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mnstlj

if its just a part like the hose you can buy one in B&Q ,i got one this week for 52euro

you can get a hose repaired for €10

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mugsie2001

Thanks Guys,
    It looks like an electrical problem, the motor will not come in. Did the usual checks carefully, I have a habit of leaving the machine running while I do other bits and pieces. Does the washer have an overload tripout and what are the chances that this is my problem.

no theres no trip switch on them, is there power going to the motor, do you know

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mugsie2001

Thanks Beaver,
    There is power going to the motor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sounds like the motor is burnt out. Argos have Karcher power washers from €130, it might be more economical to replace it in the long run rather than repair.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

There's talk of there being a very cheap 1 in Tesco as well, I haven't seen them anywhere but with 3 Tescos around town you might find 1

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83501690&postcount=3447

Our one died one day so I took it apart and the capacitor was loose. Pushed it back into place and its working away since

yeah it sounds like the motor is burnt out. stay away from Karcher they are a terrible power washer, they have a plastic pump in them that ALWAYS crack,

if you want a good power washer that will last you for ever, get a nilfisk alto power washer, get this one here

http://www.handyhardware.ie/product/34339/C110.3-5-Xtra-Pressure-Washer-110-Bar

or if you want a really good one, get this one, its excellent, and there's great accessories

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeGlvRJQtdk

http://www.caulfieldindustrial.com/alto--140-bar-pressure-washer/p-125932pd.html

Advertisement