Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem connecting to Xbox live

Options
  • 07-03-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi, trying to setup Xbox live. Wireless connection. Go though the test connection, comes back asks for WEP code, put that in, comes back test failed again. Have followed all the suggestions I can find on the net but can't get past this stage, I'm thinking its something stupidly simple that I've overlooked, was wondering would anyone have come across this sort of thing before? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

What exactly does it say when you put in the wep code?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

WEP key could be case sensitive?

Make sure the time and date is correct on you xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Is this the first time setting up wireless with xbox?
    because i also had problems, put in right code still would not work,
    so phoned up internet provider and was told needed to change setting on wireless modem itself,talked me through it.
    it now works. something to do with wep2 security settings.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭RUSTEDCORE

MAKE SURE SETTINGS ARE AUTOMATIC IN ..configure network

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Is this the first time setting up wireless with xbox?
    because i also had problems, put in right code still would not work,
    so phoned up internet provider and was told needed to change setting on wireless modem itself,talked me through it.
    it now works. something to do with wep2 security settings.

Yep.

Either you're entering it wrong or your ISP will want to set your it to a WPA or WPA2 key. Give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 bangra bangra

Sorry for not replying to your posts guys, I had the flu. Anyway I just followed all your suggestions and would you believe, got the connection sorted out in a few minutes, I also deleted all the PPPoe info which was complete (maybe its automatic) and something did the trick anyway, we have lift off, fingers crossed. Thanks again all of you for the help!

Advertisement