Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tindersticks

• 07-03-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭

I see they're playing a 21st anniversary show in Vicar Street on 24th October. Love their last show there. I used to love this band when they were emerging but they went off the boil a little for me with their venture into a more soulful sound. After their split, they returned with a couple of lovely albums - especially The Hungry Saw - but The Something Rain was a huge disappointment. Will still go to see this - great live band.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I still love them. There's albums of theirs that I cannot fault and will always resonant with me. Still annoyed that I missed their shows in Dublin with an orchestra about twelve years ago or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,165 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mosstin wrote: »
    I see they're playing a 21st anniversary show in Vicar Street on 24th October. Love their last show there. I used to love this band when they were emerging but they went off the boil a little for me with their venture into a more soulful sound. After their split, they returned with a couple of lovely albums - especially The Hungry Saw - but The Something Rain was a huge disappointment. Will still go to see this - great live band.

really? - I thought Something Rain was the best of their comeback albums by some distance. Great great band, they haven't put a foot wrong in those 21 years (other than breaking up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭jacool

I still love them. There's albums of theirs that I cannot fault and will always resonant with me. Still annoyed that I missed their shows in Dublin with an orchestra about twelve years ago or so.

That was a truly fantastic show. Drove up from Cork for it and back again afterwards. Everything gelled perfectly: band and orchestra and his voice was magical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

loyatemu wrote: »
    really? - I thought Something Rain was the best of their comeback albums by some distance. Great great band, they haven't put a foot wrong in those 21 years (other than breaking up).

Yup, really. It didn't gel for me at all and 'Chocolate' - ostensibly a companion track to 'My Sister' was a huge misstep, probably my least favourite Tindersticks track. Seriously, "****, you're a chap" as a Tindersticks lyric? Nah. It's a barely there album for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I haven't really listened to these before. Anyone care to recommend me an album to check out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭woof im a dog

tindersticks 2

Suas11 wrote: »
    I haven't really listened to these before. Anyone care to recommend me an album to check out?

any of their first 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

tindersticks 2

Yup. Or their debut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Great band. Back in 1995 we used to play drunken pool in Jason's Ranelagh and sing "A Night In" as we potted balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I loved Tindersticks 1 and Curtains

They've been hit n miss since then but still a great band.

I always think of Lambchop as the American sibling of Tindersticks.

• Advertisement

Ormus wrote: »

I always think of Lambchop as the American sibling of Tindersticks.

you're exactly right, and like the 'Sticks, Lambchop have been remarkably consistent over a long period of time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 The_Protector

just got tickets, 35 euro for standing bit steep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Frito

Saw them in St Canice's when they closed Kilkenny arts festival a couple of years ago. Acoustics were fantastic, was my favourite all-time gig (until Grinderman in vicar st). I prob won't get to see them in Oct so envious of anyone who does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

damn weeknight...
    Will they be playing best of on the night?

Advertisement