Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tooth in a crispy pancake

Options
  • 07-03-2013 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

My cousin just found what looks like a canine type tooth in a Dunnes crispy pancake, beef and onion. Who does he contact about this besides Dunnes?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

probably a horse tooth
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

may be a dog tooth, but not a human canine tooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Linky dont work for me

I'll see him tomorrow and ill try and get some proper pics with different angles and use a ruler aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Brave man to be eating that sort of stuff these days

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Uploaded to wthax:

6Nb84x.jpg

Yeuch!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Doesn't look like a tooth...?

I didn't have a look yet but I think it could be a knuckle or a joint of some sort if not a tooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Joints and crispy pancakes. It doesn't get much better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Basq wrote: »
    Uploaded to wthax:

6Nb84x.jpg

Yeuch!
    Looks more like a claw! Why do people still eat this type of processed product of more than one non-descript animal. Ye get what ye pay for !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Are ya sure it ain't a horse tooth:p

Thats a cat or dogs claw and knuckle?

Sorry I have to ask but did he eat the pancake?

Ya he had most of it eaten and nearly broke his own tooth on it then vomited. He still has the box with 2 pancakes left in it.

65CcCu.jpg

oops sorry about the huge pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Might want to show a vet the pics. Or post over on the animals forum, see if anyone can say for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

Yuck! After everything that's been going on why are you eating that muck? I'd be more concerned about what's in the mince than the tooth/claw! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You could report it to the FSAI too.

http://www.fsai.ie/

It seems like the kinda report they would be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Hard to tell from the shine off it in the pic, but my guess is it's a piece of bone or cartilage

Who does he contact aswell? fsai.

Hold on to the piece if you can. Take lots of pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,412 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Calcium.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Get in touch with Dunnes - they can deal with their suppliers for the product. Shops do take this kind of thing seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

A lot of these kind of products do say that they may contain bones. It's not such a crazy idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

Found a bone in some lamb mince before. Brought it back to Dunnes who did take it seriously. Had a call from the farmer himself apologising and a voucher as compensation.
    A friend of mine broke one of his front teeth clean off after biting into a bone in a pre-packed chicken panini. Cost over €6,000 in dentist fees to sort it which he had to pursue through the courts.

fletch wrote: »
    ............. Had a call from the farmer himself apologising and a voucher as compensation.................

I wouldn't think it was the farmers fault :confused: Good marketing ploy by Dunnes though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭fletch

Boombastic wrote: »
    I wouldn't think it was the farmers fault :confused: Good marketing ploy by Dunnes though :pac:
    :) He sounded pretty convincing and genuinely concerned....I'm choosing to believe it was the farmer :pac:

fletch wrote: »
    :) He sounded pretty convincing and genuinely concerned....I'm choosing to believe it was the farmer :pac:

I'm sure he was but, He wasn't involved in the processing, packing or quality checking of the finished product

He went through the FSA and they have referred it to this crowd.

"The Environmental Health Officer will possibly call you requesting further information, however you can contact them directly if you wish by calling 01 4493255."

Advertisement