Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Portlaoise

Options
  • 07-03-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi - we're renovating a house at the moment and hope to move early summer. I've started a primal living style thing this year and would love to get involved with allotments/pig rearing/slow food movement if there are any schemes around, maybe even start one if there was interest. Just no idea where to start to look, so all suggestions greatly taken on board.
    Also enjoy a lot of crafts - have taught them in the past and thought about starting a teaching & supply shop with an artists/local artisans co-operative store. Again, I have not seen one in Portlaoise but not yet familiar enough with the area - I know it's a difficult time to try new ventures but something that supports & promotes local business that is then well supported by local people could improve the lives of so many people and helps build communities. (OK - will get off my soap box, I'm just rather enthused by the idea :))

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

No idea honestly but might be an idea to get in touch with the local council and check if they have any knowledge of such schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

There's allotments in Portarlington on the Ballymorris Road

Advertisement