Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renewal Quote

Options
  • 07-03-2013 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I have just got my renewal quote for €951. My premium for last year was €707. 

I am a year older, my car is a year older.

Why would the price of my insurance increase by nearly €250?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liberty Insurance: Catherine

Hi AeroEng1

There could be any number of reasons for your price changing.  PM your details and we'll check this out for you.

Regards
    Catherine

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭AeroEng1

Hi AeroEng1

There could be any number of reasons for your price changing.  PM your details and we'll check this out for you.

Regards
    Catherine
    I rang your office this morning and they said they could bring it down to €856 and that the price of insurance has risen. I still think this is far too much and will have to take my busienss eleswhere even though I have been with Quinn/Liberty for the last 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liberty Insurance: Catherine

Hi AeroEng1

I'm sorry to hear that we are not competitive for your insurance needs at this time.  However, our pricing is constantly under review so we would encourage you to contact us again at your next renewal.

Regards
    Catherine

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Avien

AeroEng1 wrote: »
    I rang your office this morning and they said they could bring it down to €856 and that the price of insurance has risen. I still think this is far too much and will have to take my busienss eleswhere even though I have been with Quinn/Liberty for the last 5 years.
    You should try quoting online, just take the details from your insurance schedule attached to your renewal notice and use those details in your online quote. I got my renewal quote recently for 486, I went to Liberty's online site and got a quote of €352.45. It's a big difference so certainly worth trying. Liberty will match your renewal to the online quote as long as everything is the same.

I also did a quote with Aviva by telephone and was quoted €550, but their website quoted me €480 or something like that. Similar savings with AXA and Zurich phone & website. Online is just cheaper, so it's worth a shot if you haven't already tried it.

Advertisement