Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia finds 'new bacteria' in Antarctic lake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

I love how the very first comment on that article apocalyptically blames this discovery for the imminent end of life on Earth as we know it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Squeaky the Squirrel

I've been following this story
    Why?

Nothing but a bunch of big fat liars.

It's not something I have much interest in so mostly only read the first 3 lines of stories about this for the last while but I remember reading that the equipment was suppose to be specially sterilised and specially transported and all sorts of other stuff so as not to contaminate something that has been sealed off for so long.

And yet that's exactly what they did.
    DNA was found that did not coincide with any of the well-known types in the global database
    :rolleyes:

Russian scientists admit no new life form found in Antarctic lake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

Why?

Nothing but a bunch of big fat liars.

It's not something I have much interest in so mostly only read the first 3 lines of stories about this for the last while but I remember reading that the equipment was suppose to be specially sterilised and specially transported and all sorts of other stuff so as not to contaminate something that has been sealed off for so long.

And yet that's exactly what they did.

:rolleyes:

Russian scientists admit no new life form found in Antarctic lake

****ing Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭maria_81

I have to admit that I find the fact that they lied more interesting than the story they claimed in the first place. All in all, a net gain for my own mind

• Advertisement
Advertisement