Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for LTI book

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have the long term illness form filled in and signed by the doc for diabetes.
    Where do i post this form to get the book?
    There is no address on the form
    The hse website does not tell where should I submit

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭palmcut

Hi
    I have the long term illness form filled in and signed by the doc for diabetes.
    Where do i post this form to get the book?
    There is no address on the form
    The hse website does not tell where should I submit

To your local HSE office.
    eg in Wicklow.
    Post to
    HSE,
    LTI section.
    Glenside Road,
    Wicklow,
    Co. Wicklow.

The local offices are on the HSE website. hse.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

thanks palmcut for the info. will post it to local hse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭ash23

Can I ask where you got the form? My doc doesn't have them, they aren't online and I can't get hold of someone in the health centre who knows about them.

Your local pharmacy should have the application form. This form then needs to be completed by your GP. Following completion you post the form to the
    LTI section of your local HSE office. They are fairly efficient and will have your "Green Book" to you in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

palmcut wrote: »
    Your local pharmacy should have the application form. This form then needs to be completed by your GP. Following completion you post the form to the
    LTI section of your local HSE office. They are fairly efficient and will have your "Green Book" to you in a couple of days.

I'd just like to take issue (slightly) with your assertion that a pharmacy should have them.

In practice, a lot of pharmacies do have them, this is true. However, when you say the pharmacy should have them, some might read that as meaning that it is part of a pharmacist's job to supply these forms. It isn't. It's the HSE's job to supply them to the patients and/or to the doctors, and it is the doctor's job - after a patient has been diagnosed with one of the relevant conditions - to inform the patient and fill in/sign the form.

In practice, this almost never happens. Pharmacists know from bitter experience that doctors do not do this part of the job, therefore most pharmacists have gone to the trouble of obtaining a supply of the forms, so that when they see a private prescription for a diabetic med coming in, they can help the patient to get what they're entitled to. This involves asking the patient if the Dr bothered their ar5e telling them that their drugs were free, and then sending them back to the doctor to get the doctor to sign the form.

While it is true that this doesn't always happen (some doctors are conscientious), it is depressingly common.

Just another example of how your pharmacist goes the extra mile!

• Advertisement

I'd just like to take issue (slightly) with your assertion that a pharmacy should have them.

In practice, a lot of pharmacies do have them, this is true. However, when you say the pharmacy should have them, some might read that as meaning that it is part of a pharmacist's job to supply these forms. It isn't. It's the HSE's job to supply them to the patients and/or to the doctors, and it is the doctor's job - after a patient has been diagnosed with one of the relevant conditions - to inform the patient and fill in/sign the form.

In practice, this almost never happens. Pharmacists know from bitter experience that doctors do not do this part of the job, therefore most pharmacists have gone to the trouble of obtaining a supply of the forms, so that when they see a private prescription for a diabetic med coming in, they can help the patient to get what they're entitled to. This involves asking the patient if the Dr bothered their ar5e telling them that their drugs were free, and then sending them back to the doctor to get the doctor to sign the form.

While it is true that this doesn't always happen (some doctors are conscientious), it is depressingly common.

Thanks for that locum-motion. Many pharmacists will have this application form because it makes life much easier for the patient. I should not have said that pharmacies should have this application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

The application form is available by clicking on the link below and following the link to the pdf download

http://www.hse.ie/eng/services/Find_a_Service/entitlements/Long_Term_Illness/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

This is exactly what happened to me. My GP hadnt got a clue about LTI. It was the pharmacist who mentioned it to me.

Advertisement