Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with cracked glass on Galaxy s3

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Hi. I recently dropped my galaxy s3 and cracked the glass. It was not a bad fall so the damage is not bad.

With s3's the digitizer and lcd are built into one piece so they are around 200 online just for the part if you want to replace it yourself.

As the fall was not bad I have reason to believe that its not the digitizer thats cracked, just the panel over it.

On ebay you can buy housings for s3's for much cheaper, around 20e delivered (http://www.ebay.ie/itm/U-Whtie-Housing-Cover-Outer-Screen-Lens-Glass-For-Samsung-Galaxy-S3-SIII-i9300-/251212583557?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item3a7d6fd285#ht_3866wt_1271). Does anyone know if this part will solve my problem? Is it possible to just replace that part? It would be much much cheaper than buying a new lcd/digitizer.

P.S. I will be getting my friend to change the parts. He works with iphones all the time but has never worked with s3's before which is why I'm starting this thread, I don't want to waste his time by getting parts that are useless.

Below is a picture of the damage. The picture does not show that the screen still works perfectly. Apologies for the quality of the image.

Cheers.

Advertisement