Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Use a Scuttle?

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

I was in Knights in the Stephens Green Shopping Centre, Dublin last week to buy Proraso stuff. I noticed they also sold what appeared to be scuttles. Two questions : (a) are they worth the money ? and if so (b) how do you use one ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaving_scuttle#Shaving_mugs_and_scuttles

Living in a modern house with as much hot water as I need on tap I don't see the need for one.
    Whilst I can appreciate the design and history to them it's not something for me. I'd rather a simple shaving mug or bowl and spend the money on some razors instead.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

By way of contrast, I love my scuttle. When I'm out forrin with my travel brush, I find the cold lather (it cools very quickly on the brush) almost jarring, as used as I am to keeping it warm in the scuttle.

Advertisement