Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

White ink in Dublin

• 08-03-2013 1:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I'm looking to get a small white ink tattoo done on my wrist in white. I know about the risks and just wondering did anybody get a white ink tattoo in Dublin? I searched it but nothing recent came up so said I'd throw up a post!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Some of my tattoos used white ink as part of the shading but I've never had any bother with them.

Not too sure if that would be too much use for you though

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dar926

I have some white ink on my wrist just colored stars.. never had any trouble.. Got it in Wildcat Jervis

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

Shane d wrote: »
    I'm looking to get a small white ink tattoo done on my wrist in white. I know about the risks and just wondering did anybody get a white ink tattoo in Dublin? I searched it but nothing recent came up so said I'd throw up a post!!

If you can tell us these "risks" maybe we can shed more light on it for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have white ink in two of my tattoos, one used for shading, one as part of the design, no bother with either.

Zulu use white ink, as do wildcat. Pop in and chat to one of the artists, both are very reputable places. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Humans eh!

Risks :eek:

What risks do you mean?

I have a largish white shaded rose on my arm.
    Got it done in 1993. (The Mint - on Henry St, I think. -20 yrs ago)

Should I be dead or something :confused: ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Nah, you shouldn't be dead. The main risks I know of are that the white can come out looking like scarring on some people, or can turn a yellow ish colour. Supposedly a higher infection risk, but I've never heard that one proven and have never seen it happen either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shane d

niallam wrote: »
    If you can tell us these "risks" maybe we can shed more light on it for you :)
    Humans eh! wrote: »
    Risks :eek:

What risks do you mean?

I have a largish white shaded rose on my arm.
    Got it done in 1993. (The Mint - on Henry St, I think. -20 yrs ago)

Should I be dead or something :confused: ?

Risks as in turning yellowish and can heal unpredictably.

Thanks for the input fellas:)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭MsHarlotDeVille

In my experience -over 20 inkings a lot of which are white and/or contain white ink, it can depend on skintone more than anything else.I have very little pigment in my skin,therefore the white healed perfectly every time. Anyone I know who rejected the white or had problems with it were darker in skintone. I know a lot of tattoo artists won't even attempt white ink on someone with sallow or tanned skin.

Advertisement