Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog missing.

Options
  • 08-03-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi there

My friends dog went missing in Grange this morning. She is a red staffie and a much loved pet. She is tagged and chipped.
    They think she may have headed Ballygarvan direction but realistically she could be anywhere.
    Please keep an eye out for her as the small people in the house are very sad.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

themom wrote: »
    Hi there

My friends dog went missing in Grange this morning. She is a red staffie and a much loved pet. She is tagged and chipped.
    They think she may have headed Ballygarvan direction but realistically she could be anywhere.
    Please keep an eye out for her as the small people in the house are very sad.
    Thanks.
    Contact munster lost and found if haven't already. get advice and Will post on their Facebook page which has 1000s of followers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hope he turns up... + one for munster lost and found, and the Dec the Vet chap is really good to post too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Put the dog's details on Twitter and FB too. Hope she's found soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Also call DAWG or CSPCA to be sure if she was found and they may have her!

OP. Are you able to put on any more details? Such as:
    • Name
    • Any distinguishing marks
    • Whether spayed and chipped (Very important if it's a bitch)
    • Collar?
    • Tag?
    • Number to call if found?
    • Where exactly the dog was last seen?

Give as much detail as possible on here. If you're able to post up a pic, please do so. Put a post in the Lost and Found thread on the Animal & Pet Issues forum too.

I would also make flyers and post on trees in the neighbourhood. If the dog's spayed and chipped then emphasise this. She'll be much less valuable to dognappers who might be looking to breed her.

EDIT: Ask anyone on here to PM you as contact details can't be put up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Thanks everyone.

Have done all that you suggested already.She is on all the above websites.

The dogs details are as follows

Name-Rua
    Age-3.5 years
    Breed-Staffordshire terrier.Red with a white chest
    She is chipped,tagged and spayed.
    She was last seen in the Bellevue court area of Grange at lunchtime on Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

No sign of her yet... Just a thought now I am not saying anything but it might be worth a while perhaps driving around any traveller sites that you know of close by. I know the one in mahon down at the end is kinda known for picking up dogs.. Such a shame there is way to many dogs being taken these days

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

I can second that, many dogs go missing in the Mahon area!
    Especially that kind of dog, be sure to check the area or ask people around if they have seen her!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭themom

Thanks.Tried the traveller site and someone is going to go to Mahon.

This is the Facebook page if ye would like and share.Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Get-Rua-Home/345922692184879?ref=ts&fref=ts

Try up Knocknaheeney way too...

• Advertisement
Advertisement