Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lovely pubs in cork city

Options
  • 08-03-2013 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm 20's, I'm new to Cork:)
    I want to make new friends,
    so could you recommend lovely pubs in cork city?:D
    I'm goin to the pub alone.
    I don't like blaring music.
    good value, good atmosphere!!
    I have never tried to talk to strangers in the pub.
    How do you start talking to them? It's not easy to make new friends..
    I tried to find social groups, but I couldn't find any groups suitable for me.
    Anyway, Thanks for reading it! :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,995 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Callanan's on Georges Quay and The Abbot's Ale House, Devonshire Street are both good pubs for sitting at the counter alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If you are into soccer and such, decent music at a good level then head to Preachers on Washington Street. Great place to have as a local if you go for early pints, has a good handful of young regulars.

Best way to start would be to sit at the bar and start chatting to the bar person, if they are sound you'll eventually start talking to the customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭calnand

Sober lane is my favourite and the crowd would be all in their twentys.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 mango92

calnand wrote: »
    Sober lane is my favourite and the crowd would be all in their twentys.
    I pass by Sober lane at times, but I have not tried yet. Not too far from my house. I googled it, It looks nice inside. We might bump into each other. We don't realize, though:D Thanks !GOOD INFO!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Ya Sober Lane is cool. Lots of nice Pubs in Cork.

• Advertisement

If you are into soccer and such, decent music at a good level then head to Preachers on Washington Street. Great place to have as a local if you go for early pints, has a good handful of young regulars.

Best way to start would be to sit at the bar and start chatting to the bar person, if they are sound you'll eventually start talking to the customers.
    Actually, I am not that into soccer. I don't know the rules of it well. I want to learn it, though. Wow, a decent music? It's quite important to me. I should go there earlly! How to start talking is a really nice tip. Sitting at the bar and chatting to the bar person. I'll remember. Thank you! It was lovely info:D

Callanan's on Georges Quay and The Abbot's Ale House, Devonshire Street are both good pubs for sitting at the counter alone.
    Sometimes, it is a little tough to sit at the bar alone. They look nice. I'll go there! If I make friends there, I will be perfect :) Thank you for your quick reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

if you like an arty crowd then try gulpd in the the triskel. Always something going on there and it's very cosy. very easy to strike up conversation with someone in there. good luck! :)

Advertisement