Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Putting apps on a jailbroken Apple TV

• 08-03-2013 7:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I don't know if this has been posted already, i can't find it. so apologies if it's repeated.
    I've an apple tv that's jailbroken, however I want to put ibox to it, how do I do this??? could someone please help me, I don't know how to add apps to a jailbroken apple tv.
    I know i can mirror them from the phone/ipad but that's not always possible.

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I don't know if this has been posted already, i can't find it. so apologies if it's repeated.
    I've an apple tv that's jailbroken, however I want to put ibox to it, how do I do this??? could someone please help me, I don't know how to add apps to a jailbroken apple tv.

any help appreciated.

Maybe email iBox or put a question up on the forum on the iBox website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I'm not familiar with ibox, but i presume its the same as installing any app.

in short, you need to gain remote access to the ATV2. to do that, your computer must be on the same network as the ATV2 and you need a program such as winscp (on windows, google it to download it) or terminal (built into macs) to connect to it, once you do that, just upload the app to your ATV.

there are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

any help appreciated.

I don't even know what ibox is but I can 100% guarantee it's not as good as XBMC which is a fully fledged media center. If you are familiar with ssh, you simple need to remote into the box and run some commands. If you think you can handle ssh then I'll post the details.

kjl wrote: »
    I don't even know what ibox is but I can 100% guarantee it's not as good as XBMC which is a fully fledged media center. If you are familiar with ssh, you simple need to remote into the box and run some commands. If you think you can handle ssh then I'll post the details.

www.ibox.ie, they offer TV service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

www.ibox.ie, they offer TV service.

what a rip off, €25 a month. total rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The channels are all free to air. Why would anyone pay for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The channels are all free to air. Why would anyone pay for that?

yeah it doesnt make sense, unless they dont have a saorview box or want to pay for a tv licence, but thats 160 quid a years versus 25x12= 300 quid a year for ibox! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

yeah it doesnt make sense, unless they dont have a saorview box or want to pay for a tv licence, but thats 160 quid a years versus 25x12= 300 quid a year for ibox! :eek:

seems mad,it doesn't even seem to offer a recording facility as filmon.tv does.

It starts from 10 euro a month for TV on an Apple or android device, 25 euro is for the home tv and mobile package. You don't need to take out a contract so it'd be handy for someone like students who just want TV service for a few months and don't want to to be tied into a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

It starts from 10 euro a month for TV on an Apple or android device, 25 euro is for the home tv and mobile package. You don't need to take out a contract so it'd be handy for someone like students who just want TV service for a few months and don't want to to be tied into a 12 month contract.

I totally disagree,, Filmon.tv gives all uk FTA channels for free on a nice easy too use app as they only charge for recording or HD. And Irish TV works perfect free on aertv.ie

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

XBMC.

Advertisement