Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dummies HTML editor

Options
  • 08-03-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a small business with a fairly simple website. The site was developed back in 2008 by a web design company and maintained by them since then.

I want to take over this maintenance myself. I have some IT knowledge but I wouldn't be a programmer as such.

I have FTP access to all my website files and have them all locally on my laptop.

What would be the best HTML editor to use to make changes? The one that's the easiest to use is what I really mean!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

In before the hilarious text editor jokes.

Kompozer is a free htnl editor that's pretty easy to use and it has a WYSIWYG interface.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Toplink

Sounds good to me, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Dreamweaver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Amaya also worth a look

http://www.w3.org/Amaya/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,766 ✭✭✭cython

Nvu used to be a decent open source option, and I see its successor, Bluegriffon, has finally come to a release state, so that might be worth a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

cython wrote: »
    Nvu used to be a decent open source option, and I see its successor, Bluegriffon, has finally come to a release state, so that might be worth a look.

Have used Bluegriffon. Is decent enough too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭PrzemoF

Try bluefish

Advertisement