Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homebirth/birthing pool

• 08-03-2013 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I'm hoping to have a home birth for my 2nd child in June. I'm living in Cork and just wondering if anyone has experienced a home birth in this location? Would love to discuss your experience with this. Also just wondering if there is any way of renting or getting a birthing pool second hand?

Susan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Kensul wrote: »
    Hi

I'm hoping to have a home birth for my 2nd child in June. I'm living in Cork and just wondering if anyone has experienced a home birth in this location? Would love to discuss your experience with this. Also just wondering if there is any way of renting or getting a birthing pool second hand?

Susan

I had a homebirth last August but I'm in Kildare, Cork seems to be brilliant for having lots of homebirth midwives so you're lucky, I struggled to find someone for mine. There was a few homebirths in Cork featured on From Here to Maternity and I think you can see that on RTE player.

I find adverts.ie good for 2nd hand stuff. If you're stuck you can use mine. It's a good one, has all the pumps etc. I didn't birth in it, just sat in it labouring for maybe an hour and half.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kensul

Hi Mink,

Thank you so much for your kind offer, i'll have a look around and certinally keep it in mind. I can't find that episode on the rte player of here to maternity and i didn't follow it.

thanks again

Susan

Advertisement