Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girl 26 looking to become a TD- WTF?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

Politicians generally do take a rest for a day or so after a campaign.

Some go for a meal with the family they've not seen much of during the campaign, some sit at home and relax, others go for a few pints with the people who worked on their campaign.

She decided to go surfing.

It really isn't an issue as I'm sure most non-trolling posters will agree

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

MadsL wrote: »
    Most people get a break after they have done some work. ;)

Oh yeah, I forgot that running an election campaign requires little to no effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

LizT wrote: »
    She's hardly going to be surfing all day in fairness.

Doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Yes its Easter, yes she deserves some time off but this just says one thing to a lot of people - Newly elected young TD with zero political experience sits back and awaits first massive paycheck

FG obviously havent had a chance to assign her a PR advisor yet. That will rapidly change now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

She's just been elected to the dail. I'm sure there are many thing she could be doing or preparing to do. She chose to go surfing, so its clear to see how seriously she's taking her new job.

Like this for instance. Jerry Buttimer TD reading submissions today...
    Jerry Buttimer TD ‏@jerrybuttimer 9h
    Reading submissions for @ConsConv meeting in April. Makes Easter all the more important what it means to be Christian in life & behaviour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

She's just been elected to the dail. I'm sure there are many thing she could be doing or preparing to do. She chose to go surfing, so its clear to see how seriously she's taking her new job.
    Yeh, and theres so much proof that that's all she's done, and that she's been surfing for hours and hours.
    Most people get a break after they have done some work. ;)
    Or after a busy campaign, Easter weekend. ;)

This reminds me of The Simpsons after the Flanders fostered Bart, Lisa and Maggie. "So, give me all the dirt on the Flanders." "Lets see, dirt... dirt... There was a bunch of old paint cans in the garage" and Homer latches onto that gleefully, pretending to himself that it's actual "dirt".

She could've gone out for an hour or two for all we know. You'd swear it's all she's been doing.

Perhaps but after a campaign of promised hard work it looks very bad to be publicly informing people she's gone surfing just after being elected. I"d expect anyone elected to be at least appearing to take the role seriously.

Madam_X wrote: »
    Or after a busy campaign, Easter weekend. ;)

Explain to me how campaigning for your own election is working for the country?

Poor lamb, at 26, she must be so exhausted that she couldn't possibly lift a surfboard ;)

Madam_X wrote: »
    Yeh, and theres so much proof that that's all she's done, and that she's been surfing for hours and hours ;)

Where did I say she was ? i said it didn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Derpington95

What difference does it make who becomes a TD or who doesn't they're all the same anyway..

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter.

So if she was going out for a meal with her friends for an hour or two instead of surfing, you'd object to that too?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

No problem with people taking downtime but to tweet about chillaxing two days into a 92k job funded by the taxpayer is stupid and displays naivete.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

I"d expect anyone elected to be at least appearing to take the role seriously.

Gahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Jaysus lads would ye not find anything decent to give out about
    I'd take a saturday off in a new job during public holidays too, or not even during public holidays!

What difference does it make who becomes a TD or who doesn't they're all the same anyway..

True. Once they get the job all the promises fall by the wayside. All about hitting the jackpot pay day and then mooching along until its time to campaign for reelection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Oh yeah, I forgot that running an election campaign requires little to no effort.
    I would imagine that the FG mandarin's were doing most of the graft there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'd take a saturday off in a new job during public holidays too, or not even during public holidays!

I'll pay you 92k and a decent pension. How do you feel about starting the job this minute?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

H. McE's manifesto:

Public service has run in the McEntee FAMILY for generations, through involvement in the GAA, the IFA, local community groups and politics. I am young, energetic and committed. I am ready to be your TD so, LIKE MY DAD I can work hard on the issues the people of Meath East care about most.
    I worked with DAD here in Meath East and in the Department of Agriculture, where HE became Minister of State. Watching HIM in action, I learned that politics should be about fighting for your constituents and changing what’s wrong. MY FATHER worked tirelessly on every issue, whether it was pyrite, pylons, roads or job creation. Thanks to working WITH HIM, I have a deep understanding of what matters to the people of Meath East, and I will fight on your behalf if I am elected as your TD.

Good to see she was putting herself forward on her own merits!

• Advertisement

I'll pay you 92k and a decent pension. How do you feel about starting the job this minute?

For what? Being a td? No thanks :D Not on monday, tuesday, or wednesday either!

So if she was going out for a meal with her friends for an hour or two instead of surfing, you'd object to that too?

You have to eat. Catching a wave is not really the same league, especially when boasting about it on Twitter.

You have to eat. Catching a wave is not really the same league, especially when boasting about it on Twitter.

That is a seriously sad argument. I feel sorry for the woman, no matter what she does, someone will find something wrong with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

You know what would top off a nice day of surfin'........ a big ould bong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Henlars67

bluewolf wrote: »

Exactly, I once started in a new job on a Thursday, I still got the Saturday off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

mikom wrote: »
    You know what would top off a nice day of surfin'........ a big ould bong.

I would've thought that would be more up Ming's alley, to be honest. Assuming he's not currently undercover in another one of his penalty point stings.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,993 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

She hasn't posted anything new on Twitter since her outrageous communication about chilling out. After the vile campaign of abuse to which her father was subjected on the internet and reading the reaction to the tweet from some people here I'd say she should stay well away from social media.

She hasn't posted anything new on Twitter since her outrageous communication about chilling out. After the vile campaign of abuse to which her father was subjected on the internet and reading the reaction to the tweet from some people here I'd say she should stay well away from social media.

What is her masters in again? Ah yes, communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Are people moaning that the new TD isn't in the office?

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Honestly its a Saturday ffs

Advertisement