Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Studying away from home

Options
  • 08-03-2013 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I just have a general question about studying away from home and how I would finance it...

I'm currently living in Dublin but would LOVE to study in NUI Galway, I have the course picked out that i would like to do and I done a fetac course so that should help me secure a place if I applied maybe next year.

My problem is that I currently work part time in Tesco in Dublin near where I live, I would most likely need to keep working to afford college fees, rent etc as I would obviously not be living at home, I would ideally like to live in Galway while studying there as that adds to part of the experience by living away from home.

What should I do about my work situation and financial costs of living away from home if my job is in Dublin ???

Has anyone here ever been in a situation like this? My parents have agreed to help pay financially if i am serious about this (which i am) and maybe I could apply for a grant...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭dorro6391

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matthew2008

near enough the same situation myself, im hoping to have 3500 saved up from my job by the time college starts, that will cover all accomodation costs (corrib village but its a shared room which will be horrible but i spose you get what you pay for) then my grant will pay fees and im going to go in blind hope of gettting a job and/or a big enough grant

near enough the same situation myself, im hoping to have 3500 saved up from my job by the time college starts, that will cover all accomodation costs (corrib village but its a shared room which will be horrible but i spose you get what you pay for) then my grant will pay fees and im going to go in blind hope of gettting a job and/or a big enough grant

Hi so 2 years later what did you end up doing? Haha I end up moving out of my parents into a 3 bedroom house with 2 friends and I'm studying in Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

get your parents to pay

braddun wrote: »
    get your parents to pay

Yeah we don't all have rich parents to pay for everything

• Advertisement
Advertisement