Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP

• 08-03-2013 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Respected sir,

My wife is Spanish Citizen and I am originally Indian citizen
    Currently residing in Spain, I am holding Five Year Residence Card Of
    Spain as Family Member of European Citizen.
    Respected Sir, if I want to visit Dublin for st.Patrick's day for two
    day visit .Can I travel with my Spanish Residency Card of European
    Union Family Member or do I need to obtain Visit Visa.Iam planning to go alone as my parnter is not free. When i was reading through the information about visa requirements to Ireland it says i don't need visa to visit Ireland if i am a family member of an EU citizen and hold a document called 'Residence card of a family member of a Union Citizen' as referred to in article 10 of Directive
    2004/38 EC, and i have the Residence card of Family Member. So do you
    think that i can come to Ireland for two days during St.Patrick's Day.
    Please give me a kind replay as soon as possible.
    I will be very thankful to you for providing me kind information about
    this query regarding Visa concern of mine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jacob007

can anybody help please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Try contacting the Irish embassy in Spain -

http://www.dfa.ie/home/index.aspx?id=5520

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

The Department of Foreign Affairs looks after entry into Ireland.

Their phone number from overseas would be 00 353 1 408 2000. They'd be better placed to answer your query.

Visa Requirements has additional information.

Enjoy your holiday. :)

thank you .. i tried to contact the embassy of ireland in spain but they couldnt give me a specific answer.. they ask me is to go to irish immigration website and check and when i checked ... i wrote what i found out " it says i don't need visa to visit Ireland if i am a family member of an EU citizen and hold a document called 'Residence card of a family member of a Union Citizen' as referred to in article 10 of Directive 2004/38 EC, and i have the Residence card of Family Member"

i will now try to cal the department of foreign affaris ...

thank you all

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BRAIN FEEDs

as said above,their must be some citizens advice station in Spain.

but i will guess this,your residency card allows you to stay in spain? correct? if you want to move outside spain,then you will need a visa,i know you are in eorope,but im almost 100% sure you need a visa to leave that country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 irish25

jacob007 wrote: »
    Respected sir,

Union Family Member or do I need to obtain Visit Visa.Iam planning to go alone as my parnter is not free. When i was reading through the information about visa requirements to Ireland it says i don't need visa to visit Ireland if i am a family member of an EU citizen and hold a document called 'Residence card of a family member of a Union Citizen' as referred to in article 10 of Directive

The irish embassy in spain can not advise you if you will be granted entry with this card.i had the same conversations with them.you can travel to every country in Europe with this card except for the United Kingdom. However you must be traveling with the eu family member who's name is printed on the back of the card.

@ irish25 /// thank you friend so are u sure i cant travel alone with this card?? if i show them she cant travel due to studies... is it possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

as said above,their must be some citizens advice station in Spain.

but i will guess this,your residency card allows you to stay in spain? correct? if you want to move outside spain,then you will need a visa,i know you are in eorope,but im almost 100% sure you need a visa to leave that country.

Incorrect

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/SI%20146%20-%20Immigration%20Act%202004%20(Visas)%20Order%202011.pdf/Files/SI%20146%20-%20Immigration%20Act%202004%20(Visas)%20Order%202011.pdf

irish25 wrote: »
    The irish embassy in spain can not advise you if you will be granted entry with this card.i had the same conversations with them.you can travel to every country in Europe with this card except for the United Kingdom. However you must be traveling with the eu family member who's name is printed on the back of the card.

While I agree with your interpretation of 2004/38/EC, the Irish SI does not make any requirement.

(c) non-nationals who are family members of a Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen”, as referred to in Article 10 of the Directive of 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25 irish25

I'm pretty sure you can't travel without your partner,the rest of Europe maby you could get away with it but Ireland only recognised this card since April 2011 and when we used it the man at imigration actually asked me if my partner was allowed into Ireland without a visa.he had never seen the card before,it was one of the other guys at the desk that told him he could.

• Advertisement

Respected sir,

I have just reread your OP, I think you may actually need a visa. The reason is your wife is Spanish and ye are both living in Spain. The Directive 2004/38/EC does not apply. While you have a residency card it may not be the one described in Article 10. If the situation was your wife irish and ye lived in ireland you would have a Stamp 4 permission based on her, if she was English then you would have a EUFam4 card. The first is not issued under 2004/38/EU the second is.

There is a question if your wife was travelling with you, but as it is it would be doubtful if you have any EU rights traveling byyourself.

Who else can land in Ireland without a visa?
    You do not need a visa to land in Ireland if:

1)You hold a valid travel document issued by one of the following countries in accordance with Article 28 of the Geneva Convention: Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland.
    2)You hold either a valid residence card 4 EU FAM or a valid permanent residence card 4 EU FAM issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (No. 2) Regulations 2006 (SI 656 of 2006).
    3) You are a family member of an EU citizen and you hold a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen" as referred to in article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC (pdf).

friends this is what they say ........ i called all possible numbers in ireland and the visa section is closed due to heavy traffic ....
    well i have that card called residence card of family member of a union citizen ...so i am eligible right?? and its not written anywhere tht i have to travel with my partner .... so do u think i take my ticket and go ????

Who else can land in Ireland without a visa?
    You do not need a visa to land in Ireland if:

1)You hold a valid travel document issued by one of the following countries in accordance with Article 28 of the Geneva Convention: Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Spain, Sweden, or Switzerland.
    2)You hold either a valid residence card 4 EU FAM or a valid permanent residence card 4 EU FAM issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau under the European Communities (Free Movement of Persons) (No. 2) Regulations 2006 (SI 656 of 2006).
    3) You are a family member of an EU citizen and you hold a document called "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen" as referred to in article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC (pdf).

friends this is what they say ........ i called all possible numbers in ireland and the visa section is closed due to heavy traffic ....
    well i have that card called residence card of family member of a union citizen ...so i am eligible right?? and its not written anywhere tht i have to travel with my partner .... so do u think i take my ticket and go ????

While you are the family member of a Spanish citizen as she and you are residing in Spain EU law does not apply. If she lived in any other country then free movement under the treaty would apply and 2004/38/EC would come into effect.

You are taking a risk on traveling without a visa, without a clear statment that you can travel.

Advertisement