Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawal letter from GMIT

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone.
    I need an advice. I was really lazy this year and attended college only on few occasions. Today I've received a letter from GMIT saying that I've been withdrawed from the student list and asking me to fill out a form. What is my best thing to do at this point? I am doing the last year of my programme. Can I disregard the letter and keep attending lectures/labs or my only option is to repeat the year?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

artlemaks wrote: »
    Hello everyone.
    I need an advice. I was really lazy this year and attended college only on few occasions. Today I've received a letter from GMIT saying that I've been withdrawed from the student list and asking me to fill out a form. What is my best thing to do at this point? I am doing the last year of my programme. Can I disregard the letter and keep attending lectures/labs or my only option is to repeat the year?

Thanks.
    Sounds like they feel you are gone so you might wanna talk to the head of dept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

What's on the form artlemaks? Did you miss any CA's or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭38Flowers

Go in arrange for a chat with the head of the course or perhaps a lecturer you feel you could talk to and tell them the truth, whatever your reasons were and tell them you are willing to work and do extra essays if that's what they want, whatever it takes to catch up just to finish your course.
    You'd be a fool not to do that and to stick to it.You've come too far to waste something that will open doors for you into various careers and increase your wage.
    My brother was in the same position as you, was convinced to just finish it and actually do the bit of work to get through the diploma. He now earns 7,000 extra in his job because of it. You won't regret it. Good Luck.

Advertisement