Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I upgrade my DAW (FLStudio)

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

I am currently working on a pretty old version of FLStudio (Ver 5.0 Producer edition). Would it be worth upgrading to the latest version? Basically what I'm asking is do people think their productions are better using more up to date software or is it entirely based on your own production skills and ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Rob Humanoid

I've found a huge improvement in my productions over the last couple of years... But that's mostly due to me putting in the practice (and research). The second reason, is that I invested in some high quality 3rd party effects (EQs, saturation,mastering etc.) which will nearly always be much better than the stock effects you get in the DAW.

Now, that I've moved over to 'S1', I'm loving its workflow, and finding it a lot more stable than logic. I finding that it suits the way I work much better than Ableton or Logic did.

But one thing I've learned over the years, any of the DAWs can yield totally professional tracks, it's really down to the producer. No harm in trying a demo of new DAW and see if it works for you. It's years since I've used FL Studio, so I can't really say much about it.

But for me anyway, I'm glad I made the switch over to S1. Not that I'm saying that it's better than anything else, I just personally prefer it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

No harm in trying a demo of new DAW and see if it works for you. It's years since I've used FL Studio, so I can't really say much about it.

Yeah, I have the demo of FLStudio 10 but I haven't spent much time on it. I reckon I could be just too comfortable on the version I have. I'll have to spend a few hours with it so I can make an informed decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

I'd say go for an upgrade. Obviously it won't improve your productions dramatically but you'll find new features and effects that will come in handy. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

If you bought FL Studio originally it's a no brainer, you get free upgrades for life so definitely upgrade to the latest version through your account on the Image Line website.

It'll be a much better program as the differences between 5 and 10 are substantial.

Advertisement