Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat - The Glen Area.

Options
  • 08-03-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, hope its ok to post this here.

sha1.jpg

This fella has been missing from the Glen/Anne St/Thomas St area since late Tuesday 5th March. He's 2years old and called Shadow. He has gone missing once before, but only for one night and was found by it's owner sitting on a window ledge a couple of houses from their home. I know it's a long shot that anyone seeing this will have any info, but the girl who owns him is heartbroken, so thought I'd give it a go.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

I hope he's found soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Is that the friend of the grey smokie cat that hangs out at Supervalue, look like him... lovely cats I always say hello and pat their heads when passing.

Anyway hope he's found safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

No. Apart from his escapade a few months back he has not been out. He hates traffic and used to just sit in the window. He had a bit of a habit of jumping out to pick up bits of rubbish blowing around and would bring them back in with him. I think a passing car may have startled him while he was doing this and he just ran. Roads would still have been quite busy at the time he disappeared, so maybe he just kept running until he found somewhere quiet to hide out. Hopefully someone has taken him in or is feeding him.
    I've done up a few flyers for the owner to put up tomorrow. Can't do any harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I just saw this cat on my way home past ocean pets it jumped over the fence at the house at the top of that road if that helps. i'll keep an eye out.

Xyo wrote: »
    I just saw this cat on my way home past ocean pets it jumped over the fence at the house at the top of that road if that helps. i'll keep an eye out.

That's great Xyo. I know Ocean are behind the Forum, but other than that don't know the area. The fence it went over, facing ocean pets would it be on the left or right ? And roughly how far from it ? Thanks again.

• Advertisement

if you follow the road uphill from ocean pets and take a left its the fence just at the billboard i'll have another scout on my way home tonight see if i find her

Xyo wrote: »
    if you follow the road uphill from ocean pets and take a left its the fence just at the billboard i'll have another scout on my way home tonight see if i find her

Thanks very much. The owners are going to take a walk around there later when traffic quietens down a bit.

After almost 3 weeks on the run the cat was finally found late this evening, not far from where he was spotted by Xyo.

Happy days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I'm glad you found him. He always makes me smile when I see him in the window when I pass on the bus (I saw the poster in your window after seeing this thread. I'm not stalking your cat!)

• Advertisement

JenniFurr wrote: »
    I'm glad you found him. He always makes me smile when I see him in the window when I pass on the bus (I saw the poster in your window after seeing this thread. I'm not stalking your cat!)

It's actually my daughters place and her cat. She was moving to a new place on Monday and I think had almost given up hope of him turning up, then as we were literally moving the last of her stuff she got the call to say he had been found.
    Needless to say she is more a little delighted to have him back. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Duiske wrote: »
    It's actually my daughters place and her cat. She was moving to a new place on Monday and I think had almost given up hope of him turning up, then as we were literally moving the last of her stuff she got the call to say he had been found.
    Needless to say she is more a little delighted to have him back. :)

That's great, I've lost a cat for a few weeks before and it's awful not knowing if they are safe or even alive. It's nice to see a happy ending to this story but being a crazy cat lady I'll miss trying to spot him while passing by! He's very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

males have a tenancy to head off and claim territory.. ive a female cat thats fixed.. she brings a big male buddy into the house for a munch and he sleeps on the couch.. then makes an announcement when he wants to head off, super friendly.. but he dosent come around all the time, just when he feels like it.. im sure hes got a few houses he goes to..
    Perhaps your fella was doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

This is why my oh is mad to attach a micro camera to our fella's collar to see what he gets up to. (we know already he is known by another name in a neighbours house, And is fed copious amounts of milk which he cant tolerate!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Duiske wrote: »
    After almost 3 weeks on the run the cat was finally found late this evening, not far from where he was spotted by Xyo.

Nice one! :)

homer-woohoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Cat-02-june.gif

What was all da fuss about
    !

Advertisement