Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sky broadband Hub Issue

• 08-03-2013 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys my sky broadband went live on Wednesday but my sky hub did not arrive until yesterday so thankfully my old Hub works on sky I was getting A Ping rate of 25 and 17 to 18 MB down and upload of 60 to 70. I was very happy with that but when I connected my new sky hub yesterday my internet dropped to 4 MB my ping went out to 90. Just wondering has this happened to anyone else and do you think this may settle with time. Any help with this I would be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Did you change any of the wiring for your phone or modem apart from the power adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NEWGUY2013

Hi. I used the new cables that came with the sky hub.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Vico1612

It usually takes a couple of days for the speeds to move up.
    If your speeds don't move, give them a call and ask them to check your profile.
    When I started I wasn't getting about 5Mb , whereas I was getting 8 previously.
    Turned out that my line had been profiled to 5Mb instead of 10 which the max I can get.
    Since then [ 2 months now ] , I'm getting 10D/1U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What are you pinging??

Advertisement