Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carlos Tevez arrested for driving while disqualified; possible prison sentence...

• 08-03-2013 1:13pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Breaking on Sky News...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/mar/08/carlos-tevez-arrested-driving-disqualified
    Carlos Tevez has been arrested for allegedly driving while disqualified and is now waiting to hear whether he could face a charge that could bring a possible prison sentence.

Tevez, banned from driving for six months in January, was taken to Macclesfield police station on Thursday evening after being stopped in a high-powered car on the edge of the town.

A statement from Cheshire police said: "At 5.13pm on Thursday 7 March police arrested a 29-year-old man from Alderley Edge on the A538 in Macclesfield on suspicion of driving while disqualified. He has since been released on police bail."

Tevez had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of failing to supply information over incidents in which his car was clocked speeding. As well as being banned, he was ordered to pay fines and costings totalling £1,540. His legal team had told Manchester Magistrates' Court their client did not understand the word 'constabulary' on official letters from the police.

Doubt he'll get any prison time, given his status and riches, but still a stupid thing to be doing...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Tevez is 29?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Car Loss Tevez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Doubt he'll get any prison time, given his status and riches, but still a stupid thing to be doing...

he is one of the most brainless people in professional football, doing stupid things is not in anyway surprising and trouble seems to follow him everywhere.

a term in prison would be excellent for him, after all the s*it he has subjected english football over recent years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

all the s*it he has subjected english football over recent years.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

a term in prison would be excellent for him, after all the s*it he has subjected english football over recent years.

Can't beat a bit of blind hatred :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's the poor English football I feel sorry for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭McGrath5

he is one of the most brainless people in professional football, doing stupid things is not in anyway surprising and trouble seems to follow him everywhere.

That's a bit over the top.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Status and riches didn't save Tony Adams from a spell inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

It's true that he doesn't seem like the sharpest tool in the box but I don't think you can send him to prison for crimes against football!

Pointless fining someone of his wealth a few grand, he'd find that down behind the couch. Extend his driving ban by another 12 months and warn him that a repeat offence will come with jail time. That would be fair imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If he serves even one day inside a prison I'll be surprised.

Edit : He was disqualified for speeding previously, at least it wasnt a drink driving charge, hit and run or something similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Car Loss Tevez.

Brillant, I should close the thread and delete all other replies other then this one.

Well played.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Hang on....did Vinnie Jones not make a movie about this already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If he serves even one day inside a prison I'll be surprised.

Edit : He was disqualified for speeding previously, at least it wasnt a drink driving charge, hit and run or something similar.

I wouldn't see speeding as any different drink driving. Both are reckless and endanger others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

ShooterSF wrote: »
    I wouldn't see speeding as any different drink driving. Both are reckless and endanger others.

He was previously caught speeding. I can't see anything in that report that indicates they pulled him over for speeding this time. They obviously stopped him for something, but it could have been anything from tail lights to local police being aware his license had been suspended.

If he pleads guilty - which he will - then I can't see him being hit with anything other than a fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,580 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hope he is hit with the exact same sentence you'd expect anyone else to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ShooterSF wrote: »

Ah now

CSF wrote: »
    Hope he is hit with the exact same sentence you'd expect anyone else to get.

The fine for the basic offense is 3 to 6 points on your licence when you get it back and a fine of up to £1,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭patmac

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The fine for the basic offense is 3 to 6 points on your licence when you get it back and a fine of up to £1,000.
    That's gonna hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

patmac wrote: »
    That's gonna hurt.

He'll have to get his caviar in Aldi, the poor b*stard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

AdamD wrote: »
    Ah now

It's all relative isn't it. Someone who gets arrested for having a pint and being over and someone doing 135km/h on a 120km/h stretch as opposed to someone who is hammered getting into a car and someone doing 100km/h past a school.

Neither is inherently worse than the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

We'll take points anyway we can get them to catch united......

I'll get my coat...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

That should teach him

tevez-payslip.jpg?w=490&h=408

That should teach him

tevez-payslip.jpg?w=490&h=408

Yes, but imagine how much he'll have to spend each week on taxis and buses. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Car Loss Tevez.

Legend :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

A fine by the FA for £24? I wonder what that's all about, probably something to do with committing fouls or something, surely.

Will his work permit/visa be in any way at risk due to this? I doubt la migra in the UK would be hard enough to send someone home on a driving offence such as this, but you never know what implications this may have. Tevez clearly doesn't like England by the way he treats the laws and speaks about it, this is probably another way of him showing he couldn't give a ****, no matter how stupid he is for doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

If Joe Bloggs, a plumber from Chester gets jailed for a similar crime then Carlos Tevez, a footballer from Argentina should face the exact same punishment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

P_1 wrote: »
    If Joe Bloggs, a plumber from Chester gets jailed for a similar crime then Carlos Tevez, a footballer from Argentina should face the exact same punishment

That Joe Bloggs is pure scum though, the amount of times I've heard his name come up is crazy, no smoke without fire and all that, chestnuts can be lazy.

Yes, but imagine how much he'll have to spend each week on taxis and buses. :pac:

mGcJuN3.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Can't beat a bit of blind hatred :D

you'd be the expert in that alright. as to how you or anybody can defend him, i dont know.

for what its worth, i hated him even when he was a united player, ive already told you this before. the lad is a fool, nothing more, nothing less.

• Advertisement

you'd be the expert in that alright. as to how you or anybody can defend him, i dont know.

for what its worth, i hated him even when he was a united player, ive already told you this before. the lad is a fool, nothing more, nothing less.

Ah here. In all fairness he may be very unlikable to some fans, especially UTD fans like myself but to say he is nothing more nothing less than a fool? Just No. He is also an exceptional footballer.

Advertisement