Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SwitchNow.ie Utility Bill Brokers

Options
  • 08-03-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I live in Lusk, and on Wednesday 27th Feb, a representative from SwitchNow called around with promises of getting me better deals on my broadband. My current providers are DigiWeb, and give me phone and 8mb broadband for about €50 a month. Mr. SwitchNow claimed that he could get me a Vodafone SimplyBroadband package, 24mb, 320gb monthly limit, with free off peak calls, for only €30 a month! Brilliant deal, I decided to go for it.

Just this morning I call Vodafone, who had started the switchover, and they tell me that there is no package like that. The actual SimplyBroadband package can go up to 24mb, but there is no option for a 320gb monthly limit, and it's broadband only - there's no phone deal involved.

VF were very nice about it, took as many details as they could from me, rolled back all the changes made as a result of my signing up for the bum deal, and advised me on properly reconnecting with DigiWeb. They said they were very unhappy with the bucketload of lies this guy shelled out on me, and ensured me they'd be chasing it up.

So, if a guy from SwitchNow calls to your door, don't listen to him. If you do decide to listen to him, don't sign anything, then go check out the deals that he offered you.

I tried to contact SwitchNow directly, from their site at switchnow.ie, but none of their numbers work.

So yeah - I feel like a right twat today. Thanks SwitchNow.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Vodafone may have treated you well and the may be unhappy about the lies this guy told you, but he is not doing it for the good of his health, he must be getting paid from Vodafone or his boss in switch now.

Its up to Vodafone to make sure that any company getting paid to find customers does it right.

DId he give you all this in writing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭chasm

That website hasn't been updated since about 2008 judging by stuff on it. I hope you didn't give out any bank details to this door to door guy ?

I think they might go by utilitybrokers.ie now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vivianjoseph

Hi There,

Its been 3 months since that issue. Have you switched on to some different company for better tariffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is a zombie thread - closing the thread

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement