Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

64 bit NVIDIA Windows Chipset Drivers

Options
  • 08-03-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I have just upgraded W7 32 to 64bit and see that there is a 64 bit NVIDIA Windows Chipset Drivers
    Version 15.45,(Release date : 2009/07/27) available.
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Product/Product_Detail.aspx?DetailID=911&MenuID=20&LanID=0#fragment-FAQ
    (downloads)
    What performance improvements would I see from installing this chipset driver?

thoughts welcome

Mobo (GF8 100VM-M5) has a PCI Express X16 & PCI Express X1 slot And supports Hybrid-SLI enabled Graphic cards.

OS W7 64bit / 4 Gig ram / AMD 2.4 dual core CPU

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You should always install the chipset drivers, as they will install the proper drivers for stuff like USB ports and other stuff. They will also increase the performance usually over the generic drivers Windows will load. Also check out Nvidia for the most up to date chipset drivers (Nforce)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

Nick, thanks for your reply.
    Currently I have the original chip set driver from the mobo support CD installed, all 32bit I understand. All stable. On board Nvidia GeForce8100 with latest drivers, I always avoid generic drivers.
    Since I upgraded to 64bit, I have been sweeping my system to change more components / apps from 32 to 64.
    I discovered a 64 bit chip set driver on the mobo manufacture's site.

Pay load as follows:
    This Win7/WinVista 64-bit nForce UDA driver package for MCP51, MCP61, MCP72, MCP73, MCP78, and MCP7A consists of the following components:

Ethernet Driver (v73.10) WHQL
    Network Management Tools (v73.13) "Sedona"
    SATAIDE Driver (v11.1.0.30) WHQL
    SATARAID Driver (v11.1.0.30) WHQL
    RAIDTOOL Application (v11.1.0.30)
    SMBUS Driver (v4.74) WHQL
    SMU Driver (v1.71) WHQL
    GPU Driver (v186.34) WHQL
    PhysX (v9.09.0428)
    Away Mode Driver (v6.0.6000.111) WHQL
    Installer (v7.53)

Now this was released in 2009 and I'm probing the outcome this install before I commit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try it out, sure if your not happy you can always revert back. 32Bit drivers are only for 32Bit hardware, so I reckon you may be missing some 64Bit drivers that would be beneficial

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭mrtom

All done, not sure what I was expecting to happen !

Advertisement