Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One S / X (Vodafone) - €159.99 / €199.99 respectively [Carphone Warehouse]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Online order cancelled...

mine just cancelled too... :mad:

no notification from carphone warehouse...pretty bad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭ooter

Did anyone who ordered online get a confirmation email?
    I ordered a One X on Friday but never got any confirmation.:confused:
    there's nothing showing on my credit card statement online either,rang my credit card company earlier and they said the payment is pending.
    hope CW don't fcuk me over.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Yeah same here, bad form Carphone warehouse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Same, the pre authorization charge on my debit card hasn't been removed yet either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Ballyv24

Same here.. I just checked mine and the status is Cancelled too. I ordered my phone last Friday at 16:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

My One S has been cancelled too. :mad:

They were taking orders 2 hours after I ordered mine.

order got cancelled...complaint lodged with carphone warehouse about not receiving a notification!

if anybody has a One X that they don't want, i can pay the 199 plus postage! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Carphone Warehouse offering phones online for a discount and later cancelling orders has happened a few times here.

It happened when they offered the Samsung Wave http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=69754767 and 50 pages of rage appeared.

It happened since then on a different phone but I can't find the thread

On hold for CPW at the moment.. will let you know how I get on.

They could not find my order, so they are going to call me back.. More updates to follow:)

• Advertisement

Ballyv24 wrote: »
    They could not find my order, so they are going to call me back.. More updates to follow:)

they couldn't find my order either with the order number, but eventually found it with name and address! basically was told there is no phone for me, and nothing they could do about it!

they couldn't find my order either with the order number, but eventually found it with name and address! basically was told there is no phone for me, and nothing they could do about it!

Just have to try and get our money back now then, this'll be fun. I'm never using CPW again.

Edit:
    Unfortunately we cannot process your order as we have completely run out of stock of this product, and will not be getting any more stock in within the near future. Your order has been cancelled and your bank will return the allocated funds to your account within the next 5 - 12 working days.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

If you have any questions or concerns about your order you can always contact us directly by calling our helpdesk on: 1850 424 800 or by emailing: CustomerCareIE-CPW-IE@cpwplc.com

Just got this email:

You recently placed an order for: 1 x Vodafone HTC One X - New Connection

Unfortunately we cannot process your order as we have completely run out of stock of this product, and will not be getting any more stock in within the near future. Your order has been cancelled and your bank will return the allocated funds to your account within the next 5 - 12 working days.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Poor form from CPW tbh, i was one of the first to order to S and got cancelled.

Dont begrudge those who got them instore, but surely online orders made first should have been fulfilled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Got the same email for the HTC One S. Ordered it last Thursday and it's been cancelled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Just got the e-mail too :(

How does something like this happen?

With most of us ordering at least two business days ago and receiving a confirmation e-mail and only now them saying "Sorry, we actually dont have that thing we said we had. Tough luck."

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I am so annoyed by this. I work less than 500 meters from a CFW. Had i known there was any chance of this happening, i would have bought a "second" phone instore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

I work for an online retailer and its ridiculous that this stuff can still happen. It was going in and out of stock. To take the amount of money and orders is unbelievable without noticing it.

I don't like CPW anyway but this has made my opinion of them worse. Wont go near there shops again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

that happened to me with the wave way back, didn't trust them again so went in in person, mad reduction due to being end of the line, they're off the website now and all

eldamo wrote: »
    that happened to me with the wave way back, didn't trust them again so went in in person, mad reduction due to being end of the line, they're off the website now and all

Any hassle getting your refund?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Got cancellation also. Ordered Thurs lunchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Order cancelled - booo CPW !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

CSSE09 wrote: »

Any hassle getting your refund?
    Nope, a couple of days. Pretty standard.

Ballyv24 wrote: »

No call back.. maybe they decided not to call because the email went out after my call.

Anyway.. like most other people here.. Not impressed by CPW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

Quick question for anyone who got the phone/knows about these things...

I bought it; popped my Meteor sim in and all appears to be fine apart from 2 things;

1. I can pick up 3G at all anywhere. It just wont work.
    2. It didn't sync any of my contacts from my previous android once I hooked it up to my gmail.

I assume this means I'll have to unlock it? :(

Edit: Nevermind; a quick Google fixed it. APN settings were the culprit!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

cson wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone who got the phone/knows about these things...

I bought it; popped my Meteor sim in and all appears to be fine apart from 2 things;

1. I can pick up 3G at all anywhere. It just wont work.
    2. It didn't sync any of my contacts from my previous android once I hooked it up to my gmail.

I assume this means I'll have to unlock it? :(

Edit: Nevermind; a quick Google fixed it. APN settings were the culprit!

Was that for your one x or a one s? My One X seems to be working great with my 3 sim and a lycra sim :) Wonder if its the same story with the One S

• Registered Users Posts: 2 blazedark

gines_ wrote: »
    Ordered One X online for my mother but she said its too big after checking out the in-store dummy. If anyone from Cork wants to take it off me once it arrives, send a PM.

Do you still have it. I will buy it off you. I am in Cork

And what is a PM. And how do you send it. :D

still interested if anybody has a spare One X!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Loving the x so far! Unlocked here too!

• Advertisement

If anybody doesn't want their one s or X, in or around Dublin area, pop me a pm and I'll take it off your hands . :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Jasper79 wrote: »
    If anybody doesn't want their one s or X, in or around Dublin area, pop me a pm and I'll take off hands . :D

I don't want you taking off my hands just to get my phone :P

Absoluvely wrote: »
    I don't want you taking off my hands just to get my phone :P

I would do it you know !!, fixed post anyways, not a good tactic....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

The missus was on adverts earlier several brand new in box locked to Vodafone one x and s selling for 300e-400e total shams

Gatling wrote: »
    The missus was on adverts earlier several brand new in box locked to Vodafone one x and s selling for 300e-400e total shams

Yeah saw them and think there's few on donedeal too. Don't mind people making a bit of money off them but come on. I've seen one s advertised for 320 euro locked ot vodafone, just taking the mick...

Lads - pretty sure the ones that the carphone warehouse did sell are unlocked so those adverts could all be from genuine sellers that got them on upgrades etc.

Still hunting for a decent deal myself as had told the wife I'd bought her the One S ... hoping with the release of further phones that CPW will do some clearances on other ranges and I get lucky this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

blazedark wrote: »
    Do you still have it. I will buy it off you. I am in Cork

And what is a PM. And how do you send it. :D

Already contacted the OP a few days ago, no reply to my PM :(

A PM is a private message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 323 ✭✭deisediva

Going mad I missed out on one of these badly in need of a new phone. Hopefully some more might appear or other phone offers

donnacha wrote: »
    Lads - pretty sure the ones that the carphone warehouse did sell are unlocked so those adverts could all be from genuine sellers that got them on upgrades etc.
    Brand new bought in the last week ,I asked a seller had he a receipt for it ,oh I lost it of course you did

Brand new bought in the last week ,I asked a seller had he a receipt for it ,oh I lost it of course you did

well thats a different story. you'd be well pi*sed off if they were a lurker here taking advantage - so many with all the electronic type BA threads.

the one thing I learnt from this BA thread is that next time CPW do a deal I'm driving immediately to the nearest store :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

well thats a different story. you'd be well pi*sed off if they were a lurker here taking advantage - so many with all the electronic type BA threads.

the one thing I learnt from this BA thread is that next time CPW do a deal I'm driving immediately to the nearest store :)
    I immediately called to CPW in Athlone and the saleswoman hadn't a clue of any offer she thought I came down from Mars.

• Advertisement

I've 2 cpw within 5 mins of my place next BA comes up TAXIiiiiii

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Due to CPW's stone-age website, I too missed out on the One X. Had I known that the online ordering process was a sham, I could have purchased in several nearby stores.

So I resorted to Adverts as I need this particular phone for a car project I am doing. I have no real problem in paying a premium for a phone - after all, we live in a capitalist society.

What I couldn't understand is why all of the phones I tried to buy had no receipt :confused:. All these people selling phones with a €500 value had lost/misplaced/ate it :rolleyes:. The 2 warranty HTC warranty is useless without a receipt AFAIK.

I was willing to pay €300 for a new phone with a receipt but could find no takers. I ended up getting a grade A used unit on Amazon for about €220. No real warranty as such on it, but as I said, no receipt no warranty anyway.

I almost bought here: http://www.smartfonestore.com/buy_product.aspx. This is a reputable site with the One X from 179 plus 10 postage to Ireland. Also has a warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Seems as the beats headphones that came with the one x and faulty on one side.

Not entirely sure how to approach it as they have no more units in the country to give with :-(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If any similar offers come up, it would be awesome if someone could post it here. Don't wanna miss it, I don't check B.A often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Nimrod 7 wrote: »
    If any similar offers come up, it would be awesome if someone could post it here. Don't wanna miss it, I don't check B.A often

Why don't you just subscribe to the forum and glance over it. You snooze you lose.

There was still people coming in, in July looking for the Xperia play deal. Their now looking for the Lumia and in sure they will be looking for the one x till Xmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Why don't you just subscribe to the forum and glance over it. You snooze you lose.

There was still people coming in, in July looking for the Xperia play deal. Their now looking for the Lumia and in sure they will be looking for the one x till Xmas.

I am subscribed :D I always still end up hearing about great offers on the very last day though, the Lumia 800 and One X. I saw the last One X at my closest store being sold :rolleyes: so close

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Seems as the beats headphones that came with the one x and faulty on one side.

Not entirely sure how to approach it as they have no more units in the country to give with :-(

Im too old for beats so my daughter's using them with her iPhone 4 no problems to date, despite reported restricted functionality if used with non htc

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Could anyone with a HTC One S tell me if its unlocked like the One X? I dont have anything else apart from a vodafone sim to test it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭cson

I would have told you if you weren't flipping it on Adverts for double the price you paid.

http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/htc-one-s-brand-new/2781103

There are a lot of people on this thread who probably genuinely wanted either phone for their own personal use and couldn't get one or had their orders cancelled.

Not in the spirit of Bargain Alerts tbh and I'd be wary of posting something like this offer in the forum anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

cson wrote: »
    I would have told you if you weren't flipping it on Adverts for double the price you paid.

WOW! Such an asshole move :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement