Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC One S / X (Vodafone) - €159.99 / €199.99 respectively [Carphone Warehouse]

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

What a prick :mad: Sould be banned from bargain alerts,I would have loved to get this phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

While not in the spirit of Bargain Alerts, let's keep petty name calling out of this please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

cson wrote: »
    I would have told you if you weren't flipping it on Adverts for double the price you paid.

http://www.adverts.ie/mobile-phones/htc-one-s-brand-new/2781103

There are a lot of people on this thread who probably genuinely wanted either phone for their own personal use and couldn't get one or had their orders cancelled.

Not in the spirit of Bargain Alerts tbh and I'd be wary of posting something like this offer in the forum anymore.

+1. I always thought that it was lurkers that did this sort of thing.

Looking back on the thread ChriisM contributed a few posts whilst on the hunt.

Perhaps ChriisM will rethink this and offer to one of us at cost that had our online orders cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

donnacha wrote: »
    +1. I always thought that it was lurkers that did this sort of thing.

Looking back on the thread ChriisM contributed a few posts whilst on the hunt.

Perhaps ChriisM will rethink this and offer to one of us at cost that had our online orders cancelled.

I would like to be first in line if he decides to sell at face

i had a:

"Unfortunately we cannot process your order as we have completely run out of stock of this product, and will not be getting any more stock in within the near future. Your order has been cancelled and your bank will return the allocated funds to your account within the next 5 - 12 working days."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

mtdelany wrote: »
    I would like to be first in line if he decides to sell at face

I very much doubt he will, he obviously intended on buying the phone purely to sell it on for a profit :(

kingtut wrote: »
    I very much doubt he will, he obviously intended on buying the phone purely to sell it on for a profit :(

From what i hear he needs the money
    Originally Posted by ChriisM viewpost.gif
    Well lads , not to wreck anyones head whos bought them online or anything but i managed to pick up a HTC one x aswell biggrin.png i feel greedy BUT ITS GREAT.

........ now what to do with them and an empty bank account :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

From what i hear he needs the money

Wow, he is taking a big gamble so :) Lets see how it pans out.
    Clever way of making cash if it does work (even if I don't like how he is doing it). Nothing illegal anyway :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,456 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

While I don't think it's right to flip it for twice the amount I think offering it for 200 or so would have been fine. He's entitled to buy it and sell at a profit, it's the same as finding something in a charity store that they are selling for a fiver and it's actually worth a lot more and selling it.

Flipping it for double is ridiculous and to do it on Adverts with the same username is a bit silly :p

Liam O wrote: »
    While I don't think it's right to flip it for twice the amount I think offering it for 200 or so would have been fine. He's entitled to buy it and sell at a profit, it's the same as finding something in a charity store that they are selling for a fiver and it's actually worth a lot more and selling it.

Flipping it for double is ridiculous and to do it on Adverts with the same username is a bit silly :p

Disagree with you.

He came on to bargain alerts to find a bargain, as it is a forum to share information
    He bought 2 phones, where others, like myself were denied any
    He came back onto bargain alerts to see was it unlocked from vodafone so he could sell it for more

Dont sh*t where you eat. he has found an enemy here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,456 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Disagree with you.

He came on to bargain alerts to find a bargain, as it is a forum to share information
    He came back onto bargain alerts to see was it unlocked from vodafone so he could sell it for more

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5w8lAhGJmAMkZo6-vYt2Z8XyPYmqeCOU4nH4eUPNuPLG2kQhL9w

:D

Don't take it so seriously people, I was denied it too. It's not like he's wholeselling them. From what he says he bought the S and changed his mind and wanted the X so is stupidly selling the S for too much where the people who didn't get the deal seen it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Disagree with you.

You gonna pop a CAPS LOCK in his azz?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭ChriisM

Haters Gunna hate :D i actually bought the one s with the intention of using it but managed to get a one x from ringing and calling in,instead of relying on the website. I put the price there so people can see it and offer what they can , a man push his luck from time to time , its not ilegal . if people are still buthurt they didnt get one , not my problem , thus stay off my adverts let me be , i would never ruin someones sale out of jealousy.

ChriisM wrote: »
    Haters Gunna hate :D i actually bought the one s with the intention of using it but managed to get a one x from ringing and calling in,instead of relying on the website. I put the price there so people can see it and offer what they can , a man push his luck from time to time , its not ilegal . if people are still buthurt they didnt get one , not my problem , thus stay off my adverts let me be , i would never ruin someones sale out of jealousy.

fair balls for coming back onto the thread
    Offer you €170, you can make a small profit, but still show your face on the forum :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

Doubling the price of it is shameless profiteering, even if your motives are genuine. You're trying to defend the indefensible here.

Nothing illegal but as has been said; its not what the forum is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

A graduate of the Academy of Melodramatic Arts I see :pac:

I don't think anyone should be vilified for seeking to flip an item for profit, unless it's shown that their utterances on-site are wholly inconsistent with what they're up to elsewhere.

I've been the recipient of other posters generosity on BA and I've passed on the love in turn, but it's not some cyber utopian collective we have going on here.

If you purchase an item you've come across here or elsewhere, it's yours to do with as you so wish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OK, this thread has gone on a wile tangent in the last 90 minutes or so.

While I despise profiterring, Adverts.ie does not prohibit it.

But I also don't agree in chastising the individual.. it's like a witch-hunt when someone missed out on a bargain around here. If they didn't go to Adverts, they'd go to Ebay etc.

Regardless, the bargain is long gone here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement