Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialling 9 to get outside line & Broadband

Options
  • 08-03-2013 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi folks,

The bosses wife has just got broadband in the house and asked can I set up the router and wifi etc.  I said no probs, went in and how now found out that they have to dial 9 to get an outside line and I do not know how to get the broadband to work over this system.

Do I need to do anything different.  I get a solid wifi, no dsl or internet light.  I have reset the router and still noting works.  Do I need to configure something.  Unfortunately the bosses wife can only answer 'I don't know' to any questions that I have.

Any help guys would be great.

Rgds

C.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

sage4me wrote: »
    Hi folks,

The bosses wife has just got broadband in the house and asked can I set up the router and wifi etc.  I said no probs, went in and how now found out that they have to dial 9 to get an outside line and I do not know how to get the broadband to work over this system.

Do I need to do anything different.  I get a solid wifi, no dsl or internet light.  I have reset the router and still noting works.  Do I need to configure something.  Unfortunately the bosses wife can only answer 'I don't know' to any questions that I have.

Rgds

C.

Hi sage4me

Unfortunately I cannot offer advice on this as an eircom engineer is required to install the broadband if there is a business system on your line as the process can be quite complex. can you confirm the account details through private message and I shall reply with the appropriate contact number based on the type of account in question?

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

It sounds like there is some form of PBX in the house. By itself, this doesn't mean anything with regard to compatibility, but the implications are that the line may be incompatible with DSL. Often PBX systems will have a basic or primary rate ISDN connection to the local exchange, and you can't run DSL over this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

sage4me wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Rgds

C.
    They might have a system in place to give extensions to rooms from the one telephone line, in which case you would need to attach the router to the line into that box and not one of its extensions.

Advertisement