Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paddys Day in Dublin

Options
  • 08-03-2013 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hey,

There could very well be other threads on this but I said I'd start a new one anyway.
    I want to do something a bit different this paddys day (as in kind of avoid city centre).
    I am southside so trying to a pub crawl of maybe quieter pubs. Any recommendations?
    Also is there any good (free!) concerts on which might not be mobbed? OR a good area to go?

Open to all suggestions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

I've attempted that before, very hard to enjoy paddy's day in Dublin partly due to all the folks who start drinking around the 12:00 mark.
    It generally means that any event is bound to have a few yobs dotted around unfortunately.

Personally I'd give Dublin a miss and head out to a random country town for a few.
    Best of luck though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

I've attempted that before, very hard to enjoy paddy's day in Dublin partly due to all the folks who start drinking around the 12:00 mark.
    It generally means that any event is bound to have a few yobs dotted around unfortunately.

Personally I'd give Dublin a miss and head out to a random country town for a few.
    Best of luck though!

thanks for the reply....i know...im not a big fan of paddys day in dublin either but i have friends visiting so have to stay here. If i didnt i def would have gone out of dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭tomboylady

If you mean the St. Patrick's weekend there will be lots of things happening for the festival. Outdoor ceili, treasure hunt, public trad sessions. All of which are fun with a group of friends.

If you mean the actual day, just avoid the city centre. I've found that most pubs outside of the immediate city centre are actually quiet-ish on the day, and most will have some sort of music on.

Advertisement