Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revoloutionary sustainable technology promotion ideas

Options
  • 08-03-2013 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

Have seen some very good advice on this site and was looking to see if anyone could lend some to me.

I have a business that I acquired a few years ago. It started out small and got some recognition. Had thought 5 moths ago a deal would have been struck with a large company but due to political and personal activities of the company at senior management their budget this year did not allow room for the product.

Basically it is a product with a variety of uses. Waste treatment is essentially the game. It uses high temperatures and pressures to neutralize and effectively decontaminate and get rid of waste.

It can be used to regain spent catalyst, or chemical acids such as Rhenium at a 90+ percent recovery rate, all the while only creating clean neutral water, silica, some sands and co2 which can be bottled from the vent. To add to this once up and running it becomes self sufficient and begins to generate heat which could essentially be used to heat water vats and drive steam turbines allowing the generation of electricity and thus along with creating carbon credits be a source of electricity to sell to the grid.

Similarly the process can be used to treat sewage and any other organic materials, destroying what passes through it leaving again only precious metals, silica, sands, clean water and co2.

the same process just tailored to the individual task.

However I'm selling it as a product not the technology. (Full international patents in place). The thing is it is very expensive and because its new people don't want to take the risk.
    But the end result speaks for itself. When you can reclaim for example 99% of your rhenium acid or palladium costing thousand for small amounts the recovery rate of the investment is huge.

I have approached a few, but not many companies in this area, offered them trial all which have seen as said before 90% plus recovery rates. This is 50% better than any incinerator which seems to be the current choice.

So people, does anyone here know of companies that would be interested in such technology or any avenues that I should explore, even to get the name out there as it is still quite new!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

So people, does anyone here know of companies that would be interested in such technology or any avenues that I should explore, even to get the name out there as it is still quite new!

Have you gone down the route of trade shows yet? Both at home and abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Also try the IDA, I know you are not manufacturing it but they should be able to point you in the right direction.

It sounds like this is a product that would be of interest to facilities and buildings managers of large companies. I'm pretty sure there are a few groups set up on Linkedin that contain these people. There is likely some kind of association of buildings and facilities managers and its also likely they'd have a few conferences a year. It might be worth looking into - if you could pitch to two or three hundred of them in a room at the same time then you'd save yourself an awful lot of leg work.

How have your free trials gone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 whatausername

Hello.
    Thanks for your replies.
    Trade shows, yes have been to a few, and brought a scale model, albeit very very small. About 1/100th of the normal plant.

As for the ida, building managers, its more of a large scale plant.
    Economies of scale come into play. the smaller it is and the less that runs through it the less effective it is. Ideally it would need to be fed sewage, waste, spent catalyst, contaminated materials at a rate of 500kg per hr feed rate with the feed % concentrate being anywhere from low % to very high depending on the calorific density.

The initial cost to set up such a plant is essentially more that a few hundred thousand. But in perspective the money saved on disposals and precious metal/acid recovery, the investment would be paid for within a few years depending on the materials. and all maintenance is supplied in the initial cost.

Had Enterprise Ireland lend a hand but they were less than helpful really in the development of interest or investment.

Hi all,

Have seen some very good advice on this site and was looking to see if anyone could lend some to me.

I have a business that I acquired a few years ago. It started out small and got some recognition. Had thought 5 moths ago a deal would have been struck with a large company but due to political and personal activities of the company at senior management their budget this year did not allow room for the product.

Basically it is a product with a variety of uses. Waste treatment is essentially the game. It uses high temperatures and pressures to neutralize and effectively decontaminate and get rid of waste.

It can be used to regain spent catalyst, or chemical acids such as Rhenium at a 90+ percent recovery rate, all the while only creating clean neutral water, silica, some sands and co2 which can be bottled from the vent. To add to this once up and running it becomes self sufficient and begins to generate heat which could essentially be used to heat water vats and drive steam turbines allowing the generation of electricity and thus along with creating carbon credits be a source of electricity to sell to the grid.

Similarly the process can be used to treat sewage and any other organic materials, destroying what passes through it leaving again only precious metals, silica, sands, clean water and co2.

the same process just tailored to the individual task.

However I'm selling it as a product not the technology. (Full international patents in place). The thing is it is very expensive and because its new people don't want to take the risk.
    But the end result speaks for itself. When you can reclaim for example 99% of your rhenium acid or palladium costing thousand for small amounts the recovery rate of the investment is huge.

I have approached a few, but not many companies in this area, offered them trial all which have seen as said before 90% plus recovery rates. This is 50% better than any incinerator which seems to be the current choice.

Do you have some links to a site for it etc? Would like to see it in more detail and understand it better. Also to understand the cost savings. What made you decide not to license the technology since you have the patents in place?

Advertisement