Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365 Online - delete standing order but it still remains

Options
  • 08-03-2013 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi there

I log into my online banking go to Manage Accounts > Manage Standing Orders and Direct Debits. I select an SO that I have set up and choose Cancel. I confirm the cancel and it says "The following standing order has been permanently cancelled". But then I go back it and it's still listed and marked "Active". I even logged out and in again but it's still there. Why can I not delete an SO online?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi TM,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Once the system has confirmed your request it means it has been actioned. The standing order will show as active until the following working day.

Hope this clarifies it for you but if we can help further, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

Thanks for the quick response.

So the deletion is not immediate. I'll check tomorrow/Monday to see that it has been deleted. Seems odd and confusing that it comes back up with no indication of the pending deletion though?

By the way - when you amend an SO what does "On hold" mean? There's no explanation on the system that I can see. Does it mean that it's not deleted but that it won't pay out next payment cycle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi TM,

The cancellation takes one working day to relect on your online view, the request is immediate if processed before 3.30pm on a banking day. When you add a hold on a Standing Order, it will not debit your account until the hold is deleted.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TM

OK - thanks a lot Tara.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Hi Bank of Ireland,

A quick question regarding standing orders? My girlfriend has recently returned to work after maternity leave. When she left work 6 months ago her employer cancelled the standing order, she returned to work this week, and was told on Wednesday that the standing order has been re-activated. My question is will there be any issue or delay in payment, the standing order is coming from a BOI account and is due to a PTSB account? The wages are due to be released tonight and show in the account on every Fri night/Sat morning.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi cleaboy boy,

Thanks for contacting us.

Bank of Ireland standing orders leave an account early in the morning and would reach a non BOI account, the following working day. 

It sounds like the payment might be made by EFT. With an EFT done before the cut-off time today and processed today, the money would be in a PTSB account overnight.

The best thing to do would be to ask for your girlfriend to confirm the details with her employer as there are several different ways that the payment could be made.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cleaboy boy

Thanks Billy.

I'll ask her to confirm with her employer, the EFT method is the most likeliest I'd imagine.

She was told that her employer had reactivated her payment yesterday and that payment would show in her PTSB account by tonight/tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Cleaboy boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bev91

Hi,

I've amended a value for a Standing Order using the online service. I've edited it everyday since Tuesday but does still not show up with the new value. Is this normal as I need to update this before withdrawal next week and I want to confirm that the updated correct amount will come out of my account at the start of next week.

Kind regards,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

bev91 wrote: »
    Hi,

I've amended a value for a Standing Order using the online service. I've edited it everyday since Tuesday but does still not show up with the new value. Is this normal as I need to update this before withdrawal next week and I want to confirm that the updated correct amount will come out of my account at the start of next week.

Kind regards,
    Peter

Hi Peter,

Thank you for your post here on Boards.ie.

When you amend the amount of a Standing Order on 365 Online the change will not appear on till the Standing Order leaves your account with the new value amount.

Once you've requested to amend the Standing order, you'll be asked for 3 digits of your B365 Pin when you’ve confirmed your Pin you'll be brought to a confirmation screen and the following message will appear:

‘If you have requested an amendment to the amount of your standing order, this amount will not be reflected on your Standing Order screen until your next Standing Order payment leaves your account.’

If you've any other queries please don’t hesitate to contact us here.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bev91

Hi Tara,

Okay great, thanks for the response. Don't recall seeing that message, but do remember seeing the confirmation that the standing order amendment had been received.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Cheers,
    Peter

• Advertisement
Advertisement