Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Your Beauty Regime for a night out?

• 08-03-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Recently while I've been out at the weekend I have noticed how much effort some people go to and how great they look, with their fake lashes etc and it got me wondering what all your regimes for a night out are? Want to pick up some tips & advice :)

I start with my tan when I'm straight out of the shower - I've been using He-Shi recently and find it really good. Its instant and you get a nice glow while putting it on. I know it says on the bottle to leave it for 8hrs or that and then shower, but I never do.

I usually then decide how I will do my hair, 90% of the time its down and straight. I get straight to drying.

When my hair is dry & outfit picked I start applying my makeup.
    Cleanse, Tone & moist and then its primer.

My makeup always is:
    Foundation
    Blush
    Eye Shadow
    Eye liner
    Mascara
    Lip Stick

Share yours :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I try and pick my outfit first, or at least have a few things that I wanna wear out so I can mull them over!

After my shower I'll put mousse or leave in conditioner in my hair, dry it a little with the hair dryer and pop it up in a bun. If I've not washed my hair, I'll put hot rollers in. Then full body moisturising, including face. I wash my face in the shower.

Make up wise:
    Primer
    Foundation
    Concealer
    Powder
    Blush
    Highlighter
    Eyebrows
    Eyeshadow
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Lips

Finish off hair, it's often down in my natural curls or in a top knot. Rollers come out if I've used them, then just hairspray and go! Oh, I do get dressed at some stage too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

A shower shave and <SNIP>

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Foundation
    Conceal
    Face contour
    Powder
    Eye shadow base
    Eye contour
    Smokey eye shadow
    Eye liner
    Mascara.. lots of Mascara!
    Brows
    Highlight
    Blush
    Lip gloss

Boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Candycrush

I must add a highlighter to my wish list and I also see that brows are another ritual that you ladies do.

Sorry if this is a silly question but what do you mean by face & eye contour??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I wear the same make up going out as I do during the day :)

Primer (sometimes)
    Foundation
    MAC blot powder
    Blusher (the odd time)
    Eyeshadow
    Mascara
    Lip gloss/lipstick.

I do my hair after I've done my make up as I usually just straighten it, and when my hair/make up is done, I get dressed. :)

I've only worn eyeliner once going out and that was to an event last weekend and I got the beautician to do it as I can never get eyeliner right. I've tried countless times and just can't get the knack of it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Candycrush wrote: »

Sculpting the cheek and eye contours to make them 'pop'

.... like so

popzh.png

eyesgg.jpg

Lots of tutorials on Youtube if you're interested.

Toast4532 wrote: »

I've only worn eyeliner once going out and that was to an event last weekend and I got the beautician to do it as I can never get eyeliner right. I've tried countless times and just can't get the knack of it :(

Have you tried gel liner? I find it easy enough to put on, and of course practice makes perfect! The looks I get from it I could never achieve with a pencil liner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Twee. wrote: »
    Have you tried gel liner? I find it easy enough to put on, and of course practice makes perfect! The looks I get from it I could never achieve with a pencil liner.
    Yup. I've tried pencil, gel, liquid, felt-tip eyeliner pens etc. and no luck.

I wear glasses and without them I am pretty much blind, but I've tried it when wearing contacts and still can't get the hang of it. I just cannot get that straight line.

Last week I went to an event and had the beautician do liner on me and honestly, without sounding self-absorbed, I looked much nicer than I have without it. I had a proper smokey eye look for the first time and had that crisp lined eye.

I would absolutely love to be able to even do pencil liner, but I just cannot get the hang of it no matter much I practice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I usually moisturise and get dressed before I do my make up and hair. I usually follow the same regime for going out as I do every other day, maybe an extra step or two. Mine goes:

Moisturise
    SPF powder
    Primer
    Foundation
    Blusher
    Powder
    Eyebrows
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Lipstick

For a night out sometimes I add highlighter in there at some point, and the odd time I wear fake eyelashes, they'll go on after my eyeliner. Don't bother with fake tan, I'm happy enough being pale haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭vibrantblue

Mine is pretty much same as Twee's. I choose my outfit, set my hair in rollers, do my mu (again pretty much same as Twee's list above), undo rollers (If I haven't used rollers, I'd do my hair at this stage. I like to use curlers. I sometimes do a fancy dressed up pony tail), get dressed and voila!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

Shower, dry my hair, pop big rollers in for volume while I get myself ready.

- face moisturise
    - body moisturise
    - primer
    - colour corrector
    - concealer
    - foundation
    - I put translucent powder under my eyes then to catch fall out from eyemakeup
    - eye primer (love paint pots!)
    - eyeshadow base
    - eye contour, usually smokey.
    - eyebrow shape with eyeshadow
    - apply gel eyeliner
    - apply white eyeshadow as a highlighter under my eyebrows and the inner eyes
    - contour my face
    - apply blusher
    - apply lip primer
    - apply translucent powder
    - apply my highlighter on my cheek bones, either high beam or lustre drops
    - line my lips
    - apply my lipstick.
    - apply my lashes
    - spray myself with fix it.
    - apply mascara.

Remove the rollers
    Backcomb upper section of hair for more volume.

Throw on my clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

xLexie wrote: »
    Shower, dry my hair, pop big rollers in for volume while I get myself ready.

- face moisturise
    - body moisturise
    - primer
    - colour corrector
    - concealer
    - foundation
    - I put translucent powder under my eyes then to catch fall out from eyemakeup
    - eye primer (love paint pots!)
    - eyeshadow base
    - eye contour, usually smokey.
    - eyebrow shape with eyeshadow
    - apply gel eyeliner
    - apply white eyeshadow as a highlighter under my eyebrows and the inner eyes
    - contour my face
    - apply blusher
    - apply lip primer
    - apply translucent powder
    - apply my highlighter on my cheek bones, either high beam or lustre drops
    - line my lips
    - apply my lipstick.
    - apply my lashes
    - spray myself with fix it.
    - apply mascara.

Remove the rollers
    Backcomb upper section of hair for more volume.

Throw on my clothes.

I'm tired just reading that ;) :eek: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Shower.

After shower, moisturiser on my face.

Then straighten my hair.

After that I apply -

Eyeshadow
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Lipstick or lipgloss.
    Perfume.

If I break out, I'll slap on some concealer and foundation but in general I don't need either, I have great skin thankfully.

Takes me 20 minutes tops to get ready for a night out, less if I've showered earlier in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

Candycrush wrote: »
    I must add a highlighter to my wish list and I also see that brows are another ritual that you ladies do.

This is quite a good tutorial on face contouring if you're interested:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Ankhyu wrote: »
    I usually moisturise and get dressed before I do my make up and hair. I usually follow the same regime for going out as I do every other day, maybe an extra step or two. Mine goes:

Moisturise
    SPF powder
    Primer
    Foundation
    Blusher
    Powder
    Eyebrows
    Eyeliner
    Mascara
    Lipstick

For a night out sometimes I add highlighter in there at some point, and the odd time I wear fake eyelashes, they'll go on after my eyeliner. Don't bother with fake tan, I'm happy enough being pale haha

Hi, Just wondreing what isthe SPF powder you use?
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I take hours to get ready! I'll usually start my tan the night before.

I shower, then dry my hair and put in heated rollers.Having exfoliated in the shower I moisturise my whole body and then paint both sets of nails. I apply another layer of tan.

Then make up:
    -Primer
    -Concealer
    -Foundation (Mac SF in NW30, with SF NW20 on my eyes, nose and under my eyes to help create a contour effect)
    -More Concealer
    -Powder (again darker round the edges, paler on my nose/eyes)
    -Bronzer
    -Contouring
    -Highlighting
    -Eyeshadow Primer
    -Eyeshadow
    -Eyeliner
    -Liquid Eyeliner
    -Mascara Primer
    -Mascara (x4)
    -False Lashes
    -Fill in Eyebrows
    -Eye Brow Gel
    -Blusher
    -Lip Primer
    -Lip Liner
    -Lipstick
    -Lipgloss
    -Lip Seal
    -Setting Spray

I take out the heated rollers and backcomb my whole head of hair. Then I lightly curl my 2 sets of extensions and put them in. Lots of hairspray, then a shine conditioning spray.

Get dressed and I'm good to go ;)

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    I take hours to get ready! I'll usually start my tan the night before.

I shower, then dry my hair and put in heated rollers.Having exfoliated in the shower I moisturise my whole body and then paint both sets of nails. I apply another layer of tan.

Then make up:
    -Primer
    -Concealer
    -Foundation (Mac SF in NW30, with SF NW20 on my eyes, nose and under my eyes to help create a contour effect)
    -More Concealer
    -Powder (again darker round the edges, paler on my nose/eyes)
    -Bronzer
    -Contouring
    -Highlighting
    -Eyeshadow Primer
    -Eyeshadow
    -Eyeliner
    -Liquid Eyeliner
    -Mascara Primer
    -Mascara (x4)
    -False Lashes
    -Fill in Eyebrows
    -Eye Brow Gel
    -Blusher
    -Lip Primer
    -Lip Liner
    -Lipstick
    -Lipgloss
    -Lip Seal
    -Setting Spray

I take out the heated rollers and backcomb my whole head of hair. Then I lightly curl my 2 sets of extensions and put them in. Lots of hairspray, then a shine conditioning spray.

Get dressed and I'm good to go ;)

WhiteRoses do you mind me asking what lip seal you use?
    I've tried a Rimmel one before but didn't find it so good. Its a pain having to continuously top up lippie.

shoos wrote: »
    This is quite a good tutorial on face contouring if you're interested:

Thanks Shoos, I will def have a peek at the tutorial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

molly09 wrote: »
    Hi, Just wondreing what isthe SPF powder you use?
    M

Hey Molly, it's a Bare Minerals one. SPF 30. Comes in a white twist up container that dispenses the powder through the attached brush. I find it good because liquid SPF is very heavy and greasy I find. However there's a couple of things I don't like about it:

1. The smell of it reminds me of matches, but I can't smell it anymore. Must have gotten used to it! :pac:
    2. The powder clogged up and stopped coming through. I finished up unscrewing the bottom and emptying the powder into an old pressed powder container!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Firstly shower and then dry my hair
    Moisturise
    Straighten my hair
    Eyeprimer
    Eyeshadow
    eyeliner (white and brown)
    Gel eyeliner
    Prime face
    Concealer
    Foundation
    Powder
    Contour
    Highlight
    Blush
    Touch up eyes
    Mascara
    lipliner
    Lipstick
    Backcomb hair and hairpray

und Voila!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Takes me 90 minutes from time of getting into the shower to walking out the door. If I don't need to shower/wash my hair, I'd be ready to go in half an hour.

Tan the night before.
    Shower, wash hair.
    Moisturise face, decide what I'm wearing
    Make-up (before I dry my hair so I can pin my fringe out of the way)
    Foundation
    Powder
    Fill in eyebrows
    Light dust of bronzer
    Eyeshadow - base, dark socket, highlighter in inner corner & under brow
    Eyeliner - colour on top & bottom, black or blue on inner bottom (depending on colour of shadow I've gone for)
    Mascara - 3 layers

Blow dry hair
    Get dressed
    See if I need a bit more bronzer
    Blush
    Lipgloss

Out the door. I absolutely HATE hanging around the house once I'm ready.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Out the door. I absolutely HATE hanging around the house once I'm ready.

Same! I'd even rather be rushing to get ready than sit around after I'm done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

What highlighter do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭shoos

What highlighter do you use?

Benefit High Beam is gorgeous.

For more subtle day-time highlight, I use a powder one that came with an Urban Decay palette. Also very pretty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Generally these days when I go out I just go out in my normal day-time clothes and might put on a bit more make-up. But if it's a "big night out" and I have time to get ready..

I have a shower if I have time/need one.

Then get dressed. (which sometimes involves throwing on and off several different items of clothing before I decide what to wear!)

Put on make-up. Moisturiser, primer, foundation, powder, blusher, eyeshadow, eyebrow pencil, liquid eyeliner, lipstick and mascara. Don't wear tan, eugh.

Dry my hair. Sometimes straighten it. Rarely curl it because I can't be arsed. Does looks nice curly though!

Takes me about 40 mins to get ready if I have a shower and 15-20 mins if I don't. Most of that time is trying on different clothes :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭xLexie

For highlighter I love lustre drops (pink rebel) from mac and high beam from benefit. Moonbeam is quite nice too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Weathering wrote: »
    A shower shave and <SNIP>

I usually have the <SNIP > before the shower , just in case :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Hey Molly, it's a Bare Minerals one. SPF 30. Comes in a white twist up container that dispenses the powder through the attached brush. I find it good because liquid SPF is very heavy and greasy I find. However there's a couple of things I don't like about it:

1. The smell of it reminds me of matches, but I can't smell it anymore. Must have gotten used to it! :pac:
    2. The powder clogged up and stopped coming through. I finished up unscrewing the bottom and emptying the powder into an old pressed powder container!

Thanks so much , I must look into this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Sunshineboo

Shower
    Moisturise
    Primer
    Foundation
    Concealer
    Highlighter- Highbeam usually
    Shimmer Brick- its by 17 and gives me a nice pinky subtle glow, I use it around my cheekbones, browbones
    Eye shadow
    Liquid eyeliner
    Mascara
    Sally Hansen usually for legs and some other instant tan for everywhere else. Sometimes I will have used one of those gradual tans during the week like Nivea or Garnier, not fussed about tan but like to add a little colour to my very pale skin! :o
    Hair- I use human hair clip in extensions quite a bit and I usually curl them!

• Advertisement
Advertisement