Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question.

Options
  • 08-03-2013 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    will my visa debit card work in New York?Do I need to notify BOI that I will be using it there? What charges are there ? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi L5,

Thanks for your query. As you plan on using your debit card while you're in New York, we would advise you to contact either Banking365 on 0818 365 365 or your branch so that they can record your dates of travel on your account.

If you do decide to use your Visa Debit on your trip there are cross border handling fees that will be applied to your account.

If you use the card to withdraw cash, there is a charge of 3.5% of the amount you withdraw with a minimum charge of €3.17 and a maximum charge of €11.43.

If you use the card at a point of sale, the charge is 1.75% of the transaction. The minimum charge applied depends on whether the transaction is done contactlessly or not. The minimum charge for a contactless transaction is €0.10 and the minimum charge for a non-contactless transaction is €0.46. The maximum point of sale charge is €11.43.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

Advertisement