Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues

• 08-03-2013 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Richard Garriott has launched a kickstarter for Shroud of the Avatar: Forsaken Virtues. As you'd expect from a kickstarter RPG, it makes claims about reinventing this that and the other. But it does have Garriott involved and is a continuation of sorts, of the Ultima games, which I was a huge fan of.

There's currently a live feed here: http://roosterteeth.com/home.php

And the kickstarter page is here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0?ref=live

And the feature list sounds interesting, trying to give players a world to live in, as opposed to an adventure that has a world built around it. Time, as always, will tell if he can fully go back to his roots.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

RPGs like this need less ridiculous names!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well I seem to be the only one interested in this, but in the off chance that someone else hasn't noticed (or if you're just trying to kill time), this is going pretty well on kickstarter, needing only €99,000 of it's €1m goal and 22 days to get it.

The latest news from them is that they now have Tracy Hickman, co-author of the Dragonlance books amongst others, joining as lead story designer. I felt I jsut had to post the video. Sadly, not because it'll make anyone interested in the game, but because of how awful it is. The terrible flow and awkward pauses just make it come across as an indoctrination video for a cult:

But other than that, the actual game still sounds cool to me. So what if I have to work on a lima bean farm for 10,000 years before I get a chance to play the game. It'll be worth it, oh great leader.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I just find it hard to get excited about any of these games just yet. They are so far away from completion, never mind some gameplay/in game trailers, that i do my best to ignore them.

Once it is done, i'll definitely buy it though.

Advertisement