Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw milk.

Options
  • 08-03-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where I might get me some raw milk. I was getting it in Sheridan's but apparently the people they used to get it from have stopped producing it..

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

According to this thread from 5 months ago, Fallon and Byrne sell it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=80937545

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

You could get it out in the Honest 2 Goodness market near Glasnevin Cemetery. But I know that David Tiernan (who produced it and the delicious Glebe Brethan cheese) passed away just a couple of weeks ago and it's possible that might have disrupted their production.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Bassboxxx

Thanks I'll try them..

I seen that post but for some reason I presumed it was just for raw milk products and not the milk it's self..:confused:

You could get it out in the Honest 2 Goodness market near Glasnevin Cemetery. But I know that David Tiernan (who produced it and the delicious Glebe Brethan cheese) passed away just a couple of weeks ago and it's possible that might have disrupted their production.

I normally got the milk from Tiernans farm through Sheridans, but they told me yesterday that they wouldn't be continuing production:((

Thanks for the info tho, I'll try Honest 2 Goodness too...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Markcheese

More than just possible I'm afraid (RIP) , I can tell you where to get it in cork not that it's much good to ye in the pale...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

I'd love to know where you can get it in Cork please? (Other than Ballymaloe)

You can also get it at the Naas farmers market on a Saturday for anyone in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Lucyn wrote: »
    I'd love to know where you can get it in Cork please? (Other than Ballymaloe)

You can also get it at the Naas farmers market on a Saturday for anyone in that area.

Frank Shinic in fermoy, or from farmers markets in balincolig on wed,bishopstown thur, crosshaven on sat,blackrock on sunday...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Lucyn wrote: »

Have you any idea if the milk in Naas was from the Tiernan farm?
    I wouldn't mind making the journey to Naas once I knew they had an alternative supplier and are still selling it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought it was now illegal under EU law to sell raw milk? I'm delighted it's available. I don't agree with the law but can see why it is there for health reasons but it's like everything else, if you want to smoke you can so if I want to drink raw milk then I should be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Folks - Previous threads have been seriously derailed by posters discussing the legality or otherwise of selling raw milk & caused untold issues.
    If you wish to discuss that try the Farming & Forestry forum.

@Squonk - I'm not having a go at you. I just want to give a clear message to all posters who might want to wade in on this. :)

Please keep this to the discussion of where the OP can source raw milk.

Thanks for your understanding.

tHB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Thanks Hill Billy. Didn't want to derail the thread but was rather more genuinely curious as to whether my facts were wrong or raw milk can be sold under licence? I'm all for raw milk by the way. I grew up on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Lucyn

Bassboxxx wrote: »
    Have you any idea if the milk in Naas was from the Tiernan farm?
    I wouldn't mind making the journey to Naas once I knew they had an alternative supplier and are still selling it there.

No it was from Ballymore farm which is nearby. Google it, there's loads on it. (Absolutely no affiliation by the way!)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

I used to get it in the market in Newmarket Square (off Cork Street) and Evergreen on Wexford Street, but it seems the sellers, Ballymore Farm, went out of business. I have a friend who gets me some every couple of weeks from a friend of her's farm, but I'd love to have a regular source in Dublin. Will follow up on the tips here, thanks. Raw milk, ya can't beat it, delicious.
    ^^ Just read the post immediately above, I was told Ballymore Farm went out of business, I can't vouch for the veracity of that. They don't have a table at the Newmarket Square market these days, either way.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Since you're enquiry is about Cork City you should try that forum for advice https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=478

I'm closing this thread because it's far too old to be revived.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement