Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Large Canvases?

• 08-03-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hi, new here so not sure how it works. I am an artist looking for large canvases at a cheap price. I've tried Ebay and Adverts but nothing much comes up. I am in the wexford area, near Gorey.

What I'm after is around 12 canvases at A1 size or even A2 will do as long as I can get them pretty cheap. I am trying to make some paintings to sell.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 dlart

Hi misahamilo,

Have a look in your local €2 shop, i picked up a few 30x40 inch streached canvases for €12 each in Dun Laoghaire last month, thought they were priced wrong but girl at the counter said no they get them in regular but they tend to go quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Power Chords

Was about to suggest the local 2euro shop aswell, although you should be aware that they're not always exact to the measurement on the wrapping, an inch or so either way and occasionally the stretcher is askew. Good for practise but maybe not so good for sales. Aldi and Lidl also sell stretched canvas at times, if cheap is the main aim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Mister Right Price in Wexford Town. Great selection of canvases at really cheap prices

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭re.mark.able

I agree with ^McLoughlin^ - Mister Price (at least the one I know in Nutgrove) has some really big ones for good prices, obviously not top quality of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

I used to stretch my own, and whenever I ran out of canvas, I used to used black-out lining for curtains, its not too expensive and you can stretch it like canvas. For stretchers, I use the wooden architrave which has one side higher than the other, so the edge of the wood doesn't protrude the face of the canvas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement