Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beats by Dr Dre €80 off - €119.97

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

this may very well descend into something resembling a HDMI cable bargain alert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Right so... i'll get the ball rolling! :D

If someone has a spare €120 and they want to blow it on a set of headphones... then leave them off. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭happydayz182

pre-owned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

€20 fake pair is almost exactly the same thing. Got them to prove a point to someone who shelled out €250 a few months ago for a pair of the Studio ones.

I had to order a pair for someone weeks ago but I forgot till this thread reminded me. Exchange rate must be good as they can be got for €16 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,459 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

pre-owned

There new, it has the pre owned blurb on everything on the site not just the beats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    €20 fake pair is almost exactly the same thing. Got them to prove a point to someone who shelled out €250 a few months ago for a pair of the Studio ones.

I had to order a pair for someone weeks ago but I forgot till this thread reminded me. Exchange rate must be good as they can be got for €16 now.

Yep the EXACT same no difference what soever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

You can buy fake ones for only €2.5 from factories in China. That shows you the margins on beats

Etnies wrote: »
    Yep the EXACT same no difference what soever.

The only difference I noted was the padding on the ears, the real ones had higher quality padding. That's not worth the extra though :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

If people want to spend decent money on a pair of earphones get these. They are in ear but the sound quality is fantastic and the price is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭soggy biscuit

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    The only difference I noted was the padding on the ears, the real ones had higher quality padding. That's not worth the extra though :pac:.

Where did you get this cheap pair then?

• Advertisement

Where did you get this cheap pair then?

ioffer.

Like with eBay, buy from someone with lots of feedback and you will be grand.

I've bought gadgets, jerseys, clothes and dvds without running into any problems. You pay by paypal so it's low risk.

Buying counterfeit goods is low risk?:confused:

Not only is it illegal it's downright daft. Buy a cheaper brand but don't by counterfeit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Not only is it illegal it's downright daft. Buy a cheaper brand but don't by counterfeit.

Usually id agree 100% but **** beats by dre, just **** them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

It's illegal for the seller, not the buyer.

Paying €120 for a pair of headphones probably manufactured up the street from the ones I paid €20 for is what is daft.

By low risk I meant the item not showing up at all. If it doesn't or is not satisfactory then you can get a refund. Yes, people who sell fakes have standards too! I once bought a jersey and when it arrived the patch on the arm was falling off and they were happy to refund me.

Where are Beats made? I am guessing it's China too.

They are seriously taking the p*ss with the prices they charge for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    If people want to spend decent money on a pair of earphones get these. They are in ear but the sound quality is fantastic and the price is excellent.

Yeah got a pair of these and they are excellent.. although the cable feels like it could come out with a quick turn o' the head.

If you prefer overhead phones I have a pair of these too which are hella cheaper than the Klipsch but seem to be a bit tougher if you don't want to worry about the cable disconnecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

i bought a pair of headphones from china that looked like beats but werent called beats, but i then got a letter from customs to say they had been confiscated cause they were counterfeit what a waste of €4

Is this a thread about a bargain alert or on how to smuggle counterfeit goods through customs.
    Buying/Trading/Selling counterfeit goods costs real sustainable jobs and if you spot someone at it you should report them.
    Please cut out the discussion on how to buy fake goods, it's not what this thread is for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

The strange thing about the fake beats is that the sound quality is better than the real one the bass is still almost as powerful (which i personally don't like but each to there own) but with the fakes the mids and vocals are not as muddy as with the real beats and overall sound quality is much better . You really have to wonder what the hell company is doing when the €20 fakes are better than the real thing . Would still recommend the AKG 450s to anyone looking for a good pair of can though =)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Brace yourself

All the people saying that 20 euro sennheiser headphones sound better are coming

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement