Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ULSU Elections 2013 (Voting Thursday March 14) #VoteUL

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 SpudWinkle

Bumblegum wrote: »
    Most people never gave McCoy a chance. Paddy has more money as he is obviously on more wages then a student. They should put a limit on the amount of times someone can be in office. Also, there's no chance that module on his manifesto will work - like last years fordum idea.

Stupid comment. Number one, there is a limit - you can only hold the same position for two years. Number two, there was a gentlemen's agreement before the election based around how much each candidate would spend. Paddy had hand painted tshirts and signs, I'd be surprised if he spent more than Darragh. Number three, that module has already been approved afaik. McCoy was a great candidate, but Paddy was better. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bumblegum

Any bets that he will run for president next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Bumblegum wrote: »
    Any bets that he will run for president next year?
    Na Welfare for two years and than president for two years. Where he takes over and thus being defacto leader for the rest of his life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 64 ✭✭sigmund.jung

have they not changed the rules that you can only have ANY office for maximum of two years? so no longer 2 of each for 6 years but rather max two of any coat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

have they not changed the rules that you can only have ANY office for maximum of two years? so no longer 2 of each for 6 years but rather max two of any coat?

i taught myself it was 2 terms in any 1 office and 3 terms overall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If they haven't, I think they should. Don't think it does anyone any good to be in there for longer than 2 years to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It's definately 2 terms in one office but I don't know if there are regulations about the total number of terms you can do

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

ryanf1 wrote: »
    It's definately 2 terms in one office but I don't know if there are regulations about the total number of terms you can do

When I left the draft constitution had a two year overall maximum, it's due to be voted on this week AFAIK.

There is currently no overall limit, bar running out of positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Bumblegum

Paddy rockett for president

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Paddy Rockett for new Brown Thomas, there forever

• Advertisement
Advertisement