Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 11 Results

Options
  • 08-03-2013 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

Team|1Q|2Q|3Q|4Q|Final
    Team Gronk|7|7|0|10|24
    Broncos|10|3|7|3|23

Marcus Trufant started and ended this game, recovering a Willis MaGahee fumble on the Broncos first drive and taking it to the house for six and user picking a deep ball in the dying seconds of the fourth.

Damn good game, very close throughout. 8 changes of winning team.
    Brady: 16/20 for 264; 2 TD; 1 Int
    Manning: 15/21 for 301; 1 TD; 1 Int

Tamme and Gronk both got over the century mark.

You need to put the boot up Demaryius Thomas' ass though, he dropped a pass in the endzone with a good 6 foot wide open zone around him.

Nate Ebner broke a collarbone, and is out for 4 weeks
    Shane Ridley got some cramps in the 4th quarter but I told him suck it up and put him back in.

6-4 and hopefully on the road to the playoffs.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

GG Dave,pretty devastated after that loss.
    When Moreno fumbled on the 2nd play of the game which led to a TD I knew it was a bad omen and I pretty hesitant to bring him back in for plays after that.
    On offense what can I say,in the red zone 4 times and 3 of those times coming away with only FG's,you can't do that and expect to win the game,worst being Thomas dropping an open pass in the red zone.
    On Defense I was just terrible, forced alot of 3rd and 10+ and the Pats converted nearly all of them.
    With 30 seconds left I think I needed only one more pass for field goal range,Decker went off on a streak and the cb followed but Decker was set to comeback at one point,unfortunatley for me the Pats DE broke through heading for manning so I had to throw the pass early hoping that Decker would cut back in time,he didn't and it was picked.

Making the playoffs now will be very hard.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Thank you Dave! Perrin myself, you and colts will be be vying for the final WC spot, would imagine the raiders have the 5th seed almost sown up now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Thank you Dave! Perrin myself, you and colts will be be vying for the final WC spot, would imagine the raiders have the 5th seed almost sown up now
    Might be out of our hands there Heli, Raiders/Ravens and Steelers are all on 7-2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

ha you must be Joking, my defence has more holes then a tea bag, my RB cant run through a gap and my QB keeps throwing Interceptions.....I think ye are safe enough from the Colts

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I play steelers and ravens, think they have to play each other too, will be very difficult anyway, still need to beat the colts and mikey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Niners lose to Green Bay 34-31. Ran out of time to get into fg position at the end. very tight game after i came back from a very poor start. I really did run it all over them with 600 yards of offence. Missed getting points on a long drive in the third that cost me. Playoff hopes gone now after losing my sim to the steelers aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Packers have had better days on defence!!!!

A great start by the D with two INTs, one returned for a TD, to put the Packers up 14-0 mid way through the first flattered a defence that struggled from then on and simply could not stop the two 49ers RBs.

Great game to play in and win with a late drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Not yet lads, I've tough games ahead! Next weeks one against Perrin is big!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Cards beat Buccs 28-24
    Took me 4 quarters to figure out how to stop him passing the ball but believe me just in time! Inside the last 2 min forced a 4& out in my own Redzone! Fantastic play calling mate, such a difference in your gameplay since last time we played and Doug Martin is still a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Cheers man, you'r run D is unreal. Couldn't get anything at all. middle or outside it didn't matter. Managed to figure out your passing game at the end of the second/third and then you changed it up needing two scores in last 5 min.

really threw this game away tbh 2 pick 6's?

GG though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Bills 42 - 21.

Highlight of the game is the fact that Michael Vick finally has more Touchdowns then Interceptions this season.

Also got 9 picks on Ryan Fitzpatrick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Woooohoooo finally won a game

Jets 3 - 34 dolphins

Tannehill was 16/25 188 yards
    Sanchez was 12/26 for 148 yards

Royster finished the game off nicely with an interception and return for 66 yards!

So finally 1-9
    Just lets pretend it wasn't against the comp :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Well done on your first win Dolphins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Chiefs 40-7 Raiders

Raiders were hampered severely by the current injury to Carson Palmer as rookie QB Blake Alt was 10/29 with 3 interceptions although he did throw a fine TD to Jacoby Ford. Chiefs rookie QB Jason Merrian had a fine day 18/22 315yds with 3TD. With top WR Dwayne Bowe injured Moeakie and rookie Jeremiah Silver picked up the slack. Chiefs with early picks by Smith and Arenas took control of the game and established a convincing lead by half time. The Raiders were also not helped by a red zone fumble.

The Raiders rookie QB had his coach scratching his head on occasions with throws which were so far away from anybody it was difficult to see who the intended receivers were. Will be a tough challenge going into the big divisional matchup with the Broncos next week.

It was tough for you with that QB and the dodgy controller did you no good either. You should still make a good run at the playoffs, have your injured players Palmer and DE Houston back will help you cause. Great chatting !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Carroller wrote: »
    Woooohoooo finally won a game

Jets 3 - 34 dolphins

Tannehill was 16/25 188 yards
    Sanchez was 12/26 for 148 yards

Royster finished the game off nicely with an interception and return for 66 yards!

So finally 1-9
    Just lets pretend it wasn't against the comp :o

As Dave would say.....This greatly pleases me. PATS..PATS...PATS!!!

Titans @ Saints.
    Saints start well, but Suh forces a big throw after, Williams gets injured out for the game.
    C2J fumbles... Titans recover and punt, Saints start moving it pretty well and get a FG

2 massive sacks on Locker, 3rd and 30... Pass to C2J.. TD!

Big play on the Saints then with a similar long pass!
    Titans throw a pick inside their 40, Titans force a FG, Titans punt.

Sproles weaves into the endzone!

Missed FG by the Titans :mad: Saints miss a FG too

7-20 Saints @ HT Titans to receive. they punt..

Cromartie makes an astonishing int! Cookie drops a pass in the end zone, Titans punt..Saints punt. Titans throw an int, FG Saints

7-23 Saints
    Titans run a play, picked off for 6.,
    Titans TD they go for 2.. they dont get it! so its a 3 score game with 4 mins left

Titans moving it, C2J catches it.. hammered and fumbles recovered and that is game.

Some stats:

Titans with 302 yards of offense 56 rushing
    Saints with 314 yards of offense, 101 rushing

Not a great day again for Locker, 13 from 29, 273 yards, 2 TDs 3 ints
    Brees 15 from 22, 235 yards a TD and int
    Sproles with 72 yards and a TD
    C2J with 56 yards from 9 carries

C2j gets 125 yards and a TD
    Cookie gets 76 yards and a Td

Hunter allen gets the MVP play with an 81 yard TD

On the D, Suh and ranklin get 2 sacks each, Wimbley and Bunkley get 1 a piece.

Good chatting Raoul, i wont say good game not one to have paid into as you said!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

Yeah good chatting. Pity our offences weren't great today. Good luck with the rest of your games and hopefully by some miracle you make it into the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Berty44 wrote: »
    Chiefs 40-7 Raiders

Raiders were hampered severely by the current injury to Carson Palmer as rookie QB Blake Alt was 10/29 with 3 interceptions although he did throw a fine TD to Jacoby Ford. Chiefs rookie QB Jason Merrian had a fine day 18/22 315yds with 3TD. With top WR Dwayne Bowe injured Moeakie and rookie Jeremiah Silver picked up the slack. Chiefs with early picks by Smith and Arenas took control of the game and established a convincing lead by half time. The Raiders were also not helped by a red zone fumble.

The Raiders rookie QB had his coach scratching his head on occasions with throws which were so far away from anybody it was difficult to see who the intended receivers were. Will be a tough challenge going into the big divisional matchup with the Broncos next week.

It was tough for you with that QB and the dodgy controller did you no good either. You should still make a good run at the playoffs, have your injured players Palmer and DE Houston back will help you cause. Great chatting !

Ever the gentleman Berty

Yehh got whuopped again, bertys offense and defense r so organised yet so varying, I openly cried!

Btw Perrin, those QB stats r just to lead u into a false sense of security...I swear

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Rams get walloped 23-3 by the Bengals

Gresham had a field day even with me double covering him.
    Rams couldn't get anything going on the ground and Bradford and Campbell were woeful in their passing. Neither were helped by Britt's complete inability to catch a ball tossed to him with noone around him!!
    (can now see why the Titans were so eager to get rid of him!!!!)

Rams level with 49ers in the division and will have to kick on for the last few games of the season, and continue the rebuilding work in the offseason!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Jaguars 42-7 Ravens.

Jags get a big win on the road in their first non-CPU game for 4 weeks. Ravens came out and crafted an absolutely beautiful opening drive which culminated in a lovely pass for a jump ball which Nate Washington brought down to take the lead 7-0, but then MJD ran riot!

Jones-Drew had 203 yards rushing for 2 TD's, and 2 receptions for 77 yards and 2 TD's. The entire Jacksonville franchise held their breath in the 4th quarter as MJD took a hit and up flashed the dreaded INJURY TIMEOUT bar, but he's ok folks!

Tim Tebow had a perfect passer rating as he went 9/11 for 220 yards and 4 TD's with 0 INT's.

Cheers for the game and the chat Pudsy, good luck with the season! Truly sorry about Anquan Boldin, I didn't even notice him go down during the game but he's broken his ribs and is out for 4 weeks. That's 4 WR's on the injury list for Ravens!

• Advertisement

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Cheers for the game and the chat Pudsy, good luck with the season! Truly sorry about Anquan Boldin, I didn't even notice him go down during the game but he's broken his ribs and is out for 4 weeks. That's 4 WR's on the injury list for Ravens!

AFC South brotherhood does the job.. see you in the next game week pudsy!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Jaguars 42-7 Ravens.

Jags get a big win on the road in their first non-CPU game for 4 weeks. Ravens came out and crafted an absolutely beautiful opening drive which culminated in a lovely pass for a jump ball which Nate Washington brought down to take the lead 7-0, but then MJD ran riot!

Jones-Drew had 203 yards rushing for 2 TD's, and 2 receptions for 77 yards and 2 TD's. The entire Jacksonville franchise held their breath in the 4th quarter as MJD took a hit and up flashed the dreaded INJURY TIMEOUT bar, but he's ok folks!

Tim Tebow had a perfect passer rating as he went 9/11 for 220 yards and 4 TD's with 0 INT's.

Thanks Mikey, with my sim win against the 9ers and win over the Texans this evening, I have taken the lead in the North for the first time this season.

Our games are gonna be huge Pudsy! Can't wait. James Harrison has a Kaepernick jersey on his tackle dummy, well it was a tackle dummy, it's a bag now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Thanks Mikey, with my sim win against the 9ers and win over the Texans this evening, I have taken the lead in the North for the first time this season.

Our games are gonna be huge Pudsy! Can't wait. James Harrison has a Kaepernick jersey on his tackle dummy, well it was a tackle dummy, it's a bag now....

Thank Maurice. ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Lions 28 - Chargers 24.

Lions get a much needed win to go to 4-6. Still 3 games back from Green Bay with the two sides meeting in Week 12.

Romo had his first good game in Detroit. Perfect passer rating for Romo, over 200 yards to Megatron and 3 TD passes in total, no INT's but Romo still on a cold streak.

Chargers player very well on offense moving it with ease against a poor Detroit secondary.

San Diego had the ball in Detroit territory inside 2 mins down 4 when Rivers threw a crucial pick and I was able to run out the clock,

Good game Shane, best of luck for the rest of the year.

Advertisement