Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Levitating

• 08-03-2013 6:43pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This caught my eye today, nice idea, I found my self going through more and more of her photos. Very simple but effective and very beautiful.

http://yowayowacamera.com/

img_faefe73f893519b096bbf6337df742ebac7a81c9.jpg?r=ce0d5991056012665f7e54a0b1079385

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Homer

I found this method easier.. Stand beside a wet patch on the ground and.. well thats kind of it :D

201002091158.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Homer wrote: »
    I found this method easier.. Stand beside a wet patch on the ground and.. well thats kind of it :D

201002091158.jpg

I was going to post the very same picture. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I enjoyed watching the Digitalrev guys attempt at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i hate that guy on digital revc hes a moron :mad:

He talks about the most insignificant things on a camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Jonnykitedude

Snowie wrote: »

Thats his job, I really like him and found him excellent when I was trying to decide about 700-200 2.8 or f4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I find him pretty annoying too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Snowie wrote: »

He's the Jeremy Clarkson of the photography world.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭ImagenEstilo

I don't mind him to be honest. He comes out with some funny statements. Easy watching!

In terms of levitation photos though, I find the double capture method the best and use layers in PS to take out the support (chair, step ladder etc). It's less of a trial and error exercise then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

Just another gimmick isn't it? I did one for a laugh once for facebook.

There was one girl whose name I forget that did a lovely set of photos that were really well done and now there's a host of people doing the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

That's her in the original post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

I've been following the original subjects work for a while now, there are a lot of people doing the same thing but her pictures never seem too forced. That puddle trick, can't say I've seen that before lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

He's the Jeremy Clarkson of the photography world.

This is how much he knows about cameras!
    "I don't understand why you have to push this button to swop from av to tv or even to manual its seems pretty silly. "

He must be so experienced with cameras hes never had to experience the annoying 5D mk2 trait of going to take a picture and only to find your on bloody bulb :mad::D..

But of course he wouldn't know that he swans around with the camera on his shoulder! :rolleyes:

I don't like him at all.

Advertisement