Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Saturday Night Show - 9/03/13 @ 9:40pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Anyone else feeling exhausted? I really feel sorry for this lady, the condition must be very draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭I Luv Crysis

Did she just say "disco biscuit" ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I don't know much about tourettes. Does it get worse if you're nervous?

It's fascinating to think that you can actually say things involuntarily. The brain is an amazing thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭Hitchens

it's kinda hard not to laugh at first

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭dcmm

What a heavy load to carry and live with,poor girl, it's hard to watch. Audience applauding inappropriately, it's difficult to comprehend the disability. Brendan's handling interview very well.

Fair play to Brendan, he is handling this interview extremely well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Nevermind pouring tea...how could she eat or drink...? Some people dont get any breaks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I keep on thinking she's going to do some fancy Karate move on BOC......... one can only hope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

Her brain power is stunning. I hope I am not being insulting here, but it truely is amazing how she can concentrate on a conversation with everything that is going on within her, and still have a great sense of humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"My sister's not really that fat"...

I think she threw that in herself.. It's kind of like on Curb Your Enthusiasm .. "Was that you or was that the Parkinson's"..

Yeah, Brendan's doing great. I'm sitting here imagining Tubs interviewing her instead, I don't think he'd do such a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

cofy wrote: »
    She's a very interesting lady.

Yeah, she's amazing, brave and very funny. Great sense of humour

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

Biscuit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone else playing the biscuit drinking game?

Feck off. I was bad enough before I sat down. :eek:

Ger8 wrote: »
    Biscuit.

Hedgehog.

She's hitting her chest so hard, I can't imagine that happening non-stop.

How funny would it be if Brendan turned to her and said "will ye shut the fk up, I'm trying to do the quiz" :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

Disco

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Yeah, Brendan's doing great. I'm sitting here imagining Tubs interviewing her instead, I don't think he'd do such a good job.

How does it feel to have people looking at you? No its okay, take a drink of water.

Ah ****ing hell you soaked me! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    She's hitting her chest so hard, I can't imagine that happening non-stop.
    I presume those gloves are lined, to soften the blows

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Finbar Furey.

A man with the gift of a golden voice, beautiful temperment and bullshít free personality.

One of our best.

Lapin wrote: »
    Finbar Furey.

A man with the gift of a golden voice, beautiful temperment and bullshít free personality.

One of our best.

I did love the expression of the puck fair when you'd be skidding home on the ****e :D

She'd give Katie Taylor a run for her money

Finbar Furey.

One of our best.
    'The Lonesome Boatman' is an exquisite piece of music, it's hauntingly beautiful.

(Two minutes in).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,209 ✭✭✭jos28

Sorry I missed tonight. Just in from the pub, well p1ssed. Went out for a early bird with Mr Jos and intended to be home to watch the show, He MADE me go into the pub after dinner. Gonna watch it on the player now ......Hic ...Hic

jos28 wrote: »
    Sorry I missed tonight. Just in from the pub, well p1ssed. Went out for a early bird with Mr Jos and intended to be home to watch the show, He MADE me go into the pub after dinner. Gonna watch it on the player now ......Hic ...Hic

Biscuit

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

skip to the last 20 mins. if your drunk this will make your night

swiftman wrote: »
    skip to the last 20 mins. if your drunk this will make your night

No, no.. even better... Take out a bottle of whiskey, and every time you hear the word "biscuit" you each take a shot..

there is 19 shots in a (700ml) bottle, how many bottles would you want for the 15min interview? 20 bottle? more?

swiftman wrote: »
    there is 19 shots in a (700ml) bottle, how many bottles would you want for the 15min interview? 20 bottle? more?

Of course you have to include finishing the bottle when you hear the word "hedgehog"... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Expect two acute cases of alcohol poisoning in an A&E in about half an hour. :D

ok im ready, rte1 +1 in 2 few mins,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

You poor crater, him making you go to the pub, terrible:o. I'm now a bit under the weather myself, Mr Cofy made me buy a bottle of wine, while he goes off for a nice sleep (I'll just have to have it out with him in the morning, ahem, ahem, ;);))

In other news, MrsD and Lapin, I hope ye have a great day tomorrow. But the real question is can ye post better photos of yer day????:D:D:D

Nite nite all, thanks for the many laughs tonight, sweet dreams & hope you all have a good week.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

just turned on tv Blondie on BBC4

cofy wrote: »
    Nite nite all, thanks for the many laughs tonight, sweet dreams & hope you all have a good week.:)

Same to you-see ya at the LLS ;)

Mrs D.

I'm going to Ennis tomorrow to watch Galway hammer Clare.

Clare 0-18 Galway 1-13
    P-0014_1_M.jpg
    Up the Banner!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Watching the repeat ... they cut to adverts before the end of the programme. It was just after the Tourette's woman said 'biscuit'. I was wondering if something controversial had been said but it looks like the full show is on the RTE Player, including the Competition winner.

I enjoyed Kenneth Egan, wouldn't mind seeing a longer interview with him (on Gay's Meaning of Life maybe). Feargal Quinn is full of bluster. His comments about how honourable we are to have repaid the Anglo Debt were nauseating. The sooner the Seanad goes, the better. And that 'most admired entrepreneur' award that was mentioned by Beefy was little more than a marketing exercise by a stationery company.

Anyway, hopefully I will be here 'live' next Saturday. Have a good week peoples :)

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

Had a great time @ the show on Saturday - when you arrive you get a wine reception (with plastic cups lol)

Then floor manager comes out and welcomes everyone, tells you to laugh at Brendan's jokes whether you find them funny or not, and to just be a brilliant audience in general!

Dave Young the comedian warms up the crowd before the show starts, and does a great job, he's hilarious! He comes on between breaks too.

Brendan comes out chewing his Nicorette gum, and sticks it under the desk just before the show went live :D And the same @ ad breaks!

Josh Ritter wasn't there live, it was pre-recorded.

And fair play to the lady with Tourette's, most of the audience were in stitches for the first 10 mins (including us, I'm ashamed to say!!)

Would thoroughly recommend a night out at the Saturday Night show! :) (even though I wasn't shown on TV :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Had a great time @ the show on Saturday - when you arrive you get a wine reception (with plastic cups lol)

Then floor manager comes out and welcomes everyone, tells you to laugh at Brendan's jokes whether you find them funny or not, and to just be a brilliant audience in general!

Dave Young the comedian warms up the crowd before the show starts, and does a great job, he's hilarious! He comes on between breaks too.

Brendan comes out chewing his Nicorette gum, and sticks it under the desk just before the show went live :D And the same @ ad breaks!

Josh Ritter wasn't there live, it was pre-recorded.

And fair play to the lady with Tourette's, most of the audience were in stitches for the first 10 mins (including us, I'm ashamed to say!!)

Would thoroughly recommend a night out at the Saturday Night show! :) (even though I wasn't shown on TV :()

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I just don't know if I can watch boc anymore after his latest Mace ad. Has he no respect for himself??

It's possibly worse than Bertie in the breakfast cupboard.