Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three cold-callers - incredible stuff

Options
  • 08-03-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

Just received a call from a guy who was allegedly part of Three's India-based sales team. Guy wanted to send me a free prepaid sim card to give to a member of my family - the catch was it need to activated by a top-up and so he wanted my credit card details.

My spidey senses were tingling throughout, but especially so when he started asking for card details. Also, he became REALLY insistent when I said I didn't want the sim card. Told him to get bent in the end! :D

I was full sure it was a scam but I rang Three's customer care number to double-check - turns out the call was legit!

WTF? When did Three start spamming and hard-selling to their customers??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

It's amazing that Three (and many other companies) would spend so much time and effort warning us all about scam calls, only to have their sales team ring out of the blue and do their best impression of a Nigerian-style scam. Way to go Three!

I'm at the point now that I don't believe a thing anyone says unless I specifically requested the call in the first place. Had a call from my bank's Credit Card services a few months back to query a charge on my card. The caller wouldn't give me details of the charge until I gave her some personal info, and I wouldn't give her any personal info until she could confirm something that would prove she was from the bank. Had ourselves a nice little standoff until she suggested I look up the banks website and call the number listed there for credit card services. Can't be too careful though I think!

Advertisement