Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juwel aquarium heater problem

Options
  • 08-03-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

Hi
    I Have a Juwel vision 180 aquarium with the recommended heater installed. I cannot get the water below 30C despite the fact I have the stat turned fully clockwise. The glow lamp is on always when it is plugged in. Its wrecking my head as i have the tank three weeks now and cant introduce any fish to it due to high temperatures.
    Any suggestions gladly accepted

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Stupid answer maybe but have you tried turning the stat the other way? I have two that I think I'm turning down when it's actually turning them up.

Other than that, its definitely broken. Can you return it?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Ill give it a go, but on top of the heater its marked + and - and I have it turned all way towards -.
    I cant return it as it was purchased second hand along with the tank.
    Fingers crossed the heater is a dud and the + and - are in the wrong place!
    Ill let u know how i get on with that!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

No, that didnt work either. the glow lamp stays on no matter what position the stat is at, looks like I'll have to buy a new heater:mad::mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have the same tank as you, the heather that comes as standard is cat.
    go with this one http://www.seahorseaquariums.com/JBL-ProTemp-S-25W//1644
    perfect size for your tank, and it has deg setting on it, and built in thermostat, and turns off itsself if taken out of the water.
    I have mine set to a fraction over 24c, and at the oposite end of the tank the reader is telling me its 25.4deg

Advertisement