Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sample Paper E Edco exam papers

• 08-03-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

Maths edco exam papers sample paper 1 e:
    Has anyone tackled this paper? It seems particularly bad and there aren't any solutions for it! I am stuck on Q1, unsure on both parts though I think I may have solved the first part! The second is a complete mystery. If anyone has this done or can do it please please please tell me how!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Acciaccatura

Is this maths you're talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Leaving Cert Student

Is this maths you're talking about?

No ancient greek... yeah maths haha

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Smiley Laura

Does anyone know if the solutions for paper one of same paper D and E are available anywhere? Paper two of both seems to be up, but no sign of paper one, which is very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭skippy1977

Hey there.

Question 1a sub x=-3 into the equation to leave 8p+37q=6
    sub x=2 into the equation to leave 3p+17q=-4
    Solve resulting simultaneous equation gives p=10 and q=-2

Question 1b is tricky and a very popular type on the old course. Based on assumption that the sum of roots of equation are -b/a and the product of roots are c/a

Here's the solution I did for my class....note the tippex (threw myself into question and ran out of room, they give you no space!!!)

RootsofEquation.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3 aq11

Does anyone know if the solutions for paper one of same paper D and E are available anywhere? Paper two of both seems to be up, but no sign of paper one, which is very frustrating.

Where do the paper 2 ones seem to be up? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

go onto studentexpress.ie :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement