Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symmetric internet speeds?

Options
  • 08-03-2013 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Is it any way possible to change my 3Mbps Download and 0.3Mbps upload to a symmetrical 3Mb down and 3 up? Or did eircom remove it completely, Because NGB doesn't seem to be coming to my house any time soon. Upload speed is what I really need right now but it is just horrible.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

RigorBro wrote: »
    Is it any way possible to change my 3Mbps Download and 0.3Mbps upload to a symmetrical 3Mb down and 3 up? Or did eircom remove it completely, Because NGB doesn't seem to be coming to my house any time soon. Upload speed is what I really need right now but it is just horrible.

Hi RigorBro

I have looked into this and I can confirm that unfortunately it is not possible to increase your upload speed to 3mb upload. The 3mb subscription comes with a max upload speed of 512kbps upload speed as does the NGB 8mb subscriptions.

It is possible to get up to 2mb upload speed on some business lines but this is subject to tests and qualification. Would you like to PM me your landline number so I can run some tests to see if your line qualifies for this business package?

Kind regards

Al

Advertisement