Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

County Council bill

• 08-03-2013 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Want to get AH thoughts on this? Received a bill today through Stubbs Gazette for an old county council refuse bill. Rang Stubbs today to find out about this bill. Please note I never once received an invoice ever for this bill from the council let alone any reminder.

Asked the person i spoke to today from Stubbs how old the bill was....its January 2008 they said!!!. a 5 year old bill. Jaysus talk about Irish. I have never ever not paid a bill but I feel like not paying this. In the letter I received its fairly intimidating saying ' if you dont contact us , legal proceedings etc etc.

So I want to throw it out there , Would you pay this 5 year old bill if the first you heard of it was now?

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Bill's a wanker. Tell him to feck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Pay it or you'll end up like this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Tell them you have no contract with Stubbs Gazette, and you dispute the bill. If anything you may have a debt with the CC....contact them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Rip off of the UK show me thinks.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Pay it or you'll end up like this.

All I see is a black screen wif a cursor, how is this suppose to frikkin the poops outa me brova.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

You shove your weight but seem to be fast on your feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Call up the council and tell them this is the first you heard of it. Ask for information on any debt outstanding and demand that they immediately contact any third parties and tell them to destroy any of your personal information they hold pending legal proceedings.

Call up the council and tell them this is the first you heard of it. Ask for information on any debt outstanding and demand that they immediately contact any third parties and tell them to destroy any of your personal information they hold pending legal proceedings.

And while you do decide to destory, my cuunt of a hubsand , paddy take him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

File it in the round filing cabinet. 1.Courts are busy. 2.go and shyte. 3.Bite me. Would be my reply anyway. Usually is, actually.

• Advertisement

Dwork wrote: »
    File it in the round filing cabinet. 1.Courts are busy. 2.go and shyte. 3.Bite me. Would be my reply anyway. Usually is, actually.

4, who put that chair der, forking beathices, trying to make me luck bad.

4, who put that chair der, forking beathices, trying to make me luck bad.

I prescribe Coffee and a short but passionate affair. No charge. Dr Dwork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I would look for all previous correspondence first. Get them to send everything they have already sent. If they won't, then i'd chance it in court. Justice Delayed = Justice Denied! Or something along that lines anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Here Precious2

I would look for all previous correspondence first. Get them to send everything they have already sent. If they won't, then i'd chance it in court. Justice Delayed = Justice Denied! Or something along that lines anyway.

Thats the thing though, I've never received anything from them on this!

Request copy invoices, copies of correspondence and a copy of the contract you entered into. This is usually too much grief and they won't be bothered and you will suddenly lose appeal as a source of revenue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,338 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My point exactly. They have an onus of proof on them to show that they gave reasonable time and notification.

My point exactly. They have an onus of proof on them to show that they gave reasonable time and notification.

Also, Stubbs works on the "embarrasment" factor. I'm utterly, totally, completely beyond embarrassment. Neck like a jockeys whatsits. If I owe it, I pay it(if I can). If I think I don't, they could post a picture of my cold mickey in Playboy and I'd give a damn. Ohh, my names in Stubbs, what will the neighbours think? Whatever grabs them, tbh, like I give a shyte. Round filing cabinet for this one OP, and the round filing cabinet is the bin, in case you're wondering.

Advertisement