Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd party extension? other car has no insurance.

Options
  • 08-03-2013 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

hi i have a fully comp Insurance policy with you guys on my car, my mothers old car is parked up at our house, it would be handy for me to use on very odd occasions for long journeys as its a diesel and would save me some money, it has Tax and NCT but its not insured. will i be covered to drive her old car whenever i need be without having to pay everytime to swap my policy over to cover her car?
    i know that Quinn had a setup like this before, i know the car is not covered parse, but it would be ok in situations where you would be at a garda checkpoint that through the extension you would be ok in the eyes of the law.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Liberty Insurance: Catherine

Hi e.crowley

Yes, if you have the driving of other cars (3rd Party) extension on your policy, you are covered to drive your mother's car as long as all other conditions attached to your 3rd party extension are adhered to.  There is no requirement in our policy for the other vehicle to be insured.

Please check your insurance certificate carefully to see if you have this extension.  PM your details if you want me to check this out for you and we can go through any other questions you may have.    

Regards
    Catherine

Advertisement