Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the first game you remember playing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

James Bond, World cup (something) and some jet ski racing game on the Nintendo 64.

They were the days...

Goldeneye, World Cup 98 and Wave Race, three of my favourite games back in the day, N64 was the first console I owned myself, good times..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Programmed my own "skiing" game in BASIC on a BBC micro, but the gme that sticks out most was captain comic on an IBM ps2 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

First console game I ever played was Mario Bros 3 on the NES.

First on the SNES was Mario Kart.

First on the Playstation was Wipeout.

First on the N64 was Mario 64.

First on the PS2 was GTA3.

First PC game was Thief.

Love to go back and experience them all again for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

KAGY wrote: »
    Programmed my own "skiing" game in BASIC on a BBC micro, but the gme that sticks out most was captain comic on an IBM

Dos. Game archive doesn't allow hot linking
    244272.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I remember that skiing game - q to the left of you, p to the right, and if you made a false move it scrolled "over the precipice! " all over the screen.... Good times...

Earliest was a tabletop space invaders / Galaxian type deal in Spain (I have lots of fond memories of unnamed arcade games from early holidays) , my dad did the movement, I did the firing and my big sister did shields. Also, the football game on our Texas Instruments computer. The big Eeeeeyuuuuuuh! I noise when you pressed a button at the wrong time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭taytothief

First games I played were Safari Hunt and Hang On on the Sega Master System. My uncle had it when I was still a kid, and I'd sit for hours watching him and waiting for a go. Crazy how I can remember the music and sounds so well. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Manic Miner on the ZX Spectrum.
    I got pretty good and could finish all 20 levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Got the Terminator 2 special edition of the Commodore 64, and the Chase HQ cartridge aswell, but the first game i remember being into, was Flimbo's Quest, on a cartridge with some 'big top' circus game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Got the Terminator 2 special edition of the Commodore 64, and the Chase HQ cartridge aswell, but the first game i remember being into, was Flimbo's Quest, on a cartridge with some 'big top' circus game

Oh man, that brings back memories. That cart was my first experience on the C64. Flimbo's Quest was amazing. The circus game was Fiendish Freddies Big Top O' Fun. Then there was the International Soccer game and the tile game Klaxx.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭con___manx1

those were my first games too. fimbos quest was deadly that was my favourite one. the circus game with the diving board and the knife throwing was good too. all i remember of terminator was getting chased on the motor bike by the truck trying to dodge all the big rocks. good memories : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭con___manx1

those were my first games too. fimbos quest was deadly that was my favourite one. the circus game with the diving board and the knife throwing was good too. all i remember of terminator was getting chased on the motor bike by the truck trying to dodge all the big rocks. good memories : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtdUBPYVKmk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Went to a friends house and they had a little stand alone box like a tiny arcade cab with space invaders on it. I was amazed by this thing, had one go of it and I've been hooked on games ever since.

Ah bloody flimbos quest. I remember hating that game with a passion but I forget why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Either Roland in Time or Oh Mummy! on my cousin's Amstrad, but which I later inherited. Waiting for tapes to load ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Centipede on the 2600

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

pong... cant even remember what it was on. Was well before the atari 2600 though

God, I feel old now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

MicroMachines on the Megadrive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

First computer in our house was an Amiga 600 that came with Formula One Grand Prix, a sponsored game called Pushover and Putty. Damn I miss those games and the cool fighter jet looking joystick I saved up for ages for.

First games console was the Megadrive with the 6-in-1 cartridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,490 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I remember going to visit my cousins in England in '79 and one of their mates had this game and have never looked back since :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

This game started my Gaming Era. I played it at friends house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Can't remember the name of my first ever game ( some castle game on a floppy). But the first game I played for a decent amount of time was Pokemon gold on the game boy colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First computer in our house was an Amiga 600 that came with Formula One Grand Prix, a sponsored game called Pushover and Putty. Damn I miss those games and the cool fighter jet looking joystick I saved up for ages for.

First games console was the Megadrive with the 6-in-1 cartridge.

Ah, pushover, sponsored by quavers.

Think my first was on the spectrum 128k+2. 1 of the 6 games that came with it. Punchy, Treasure Island, Disco Dan, Oh Mummy, Crazy Golf and 1 other I can't remember

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭ChubbyHubby

My first game -> octopus.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Ant Attack on C64 was the first purchase out of my own pocket money....

Purchased in the very first Gamesworld off O Connell Street, when I was about 7....

I ended up working for them briefly later on before the Neary brothers sold on and franchised into the GameStop we know now.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Midnight resistance on the c64
    Abe's odysee on the ps1
    Can't remember Xbox efc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

tumblr_ldnpbmjU4D1qzrlhgo1_500.png

This. I even had dreams about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

The first game I remember playing, age 5 in the school yard, was Tig. Football came later.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

First game I played was Space Invaders in an Amusements Arcade.

First one on a home computer was Jetpac on the the ZX Spectrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭alanmc

Repton 2 on a friends BBC Micro.

First game I played on a computer I owned was Blitz on a used Vic-20 my parents got for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Got a Commodore 64 when I was 6, so definitely something on that. Probably the Gangsters (I think that's what it was called) game that was bundled with the light gun pack

Advertisement