Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the first game you remember playing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Indy 500 on Atari 2600. Awesome!

Indy500.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Harrier Attack!

harrier-attack.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Probably Centipede on the 2600 here too.

I remember the first 16 bit game i played was Golden Axe on a friends Amiga tho. I honest to god was so excited i ran home and was telling my mam about how amazing the ****ing character select screen was :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

Sonic
    The Simpsons
    Batman

On the Sega Master System :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

First game I remember playing was Space Invaders on an arcade machine in Stillorgan Bowl :o

First console game I played was Pacman on the original wood-finish Atari 2600 owned by my Uncle

First game I actually bought myself was Choplifter on the C64 (see below) :)
    Hitch11 wrote: »
    Maybe Choplifter - Commadore 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCrKd0fM1CY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭DonegalBonz

Asteroids on a second hand Atari 7800 when I was 7 or 8, was the first console I owned and the only game I had for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,298 ✭✭✭ionapaul

First game I remember playing for hours on end on dos

GODS, classic

Played this one too, on the PC I believe - fun old game! Never finished it though, found it quite hard IIRC.

lazlo wrote: »
    Citadel on the BBC Micro.

ElectronCitadel.png

Played this for hours. Pretty ground breaking for its time as you could choose to be either man or woman. Remember jumping to shoot the monks in the face.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Played this for hours. Pretty ground breaking for its time as you could choose to be either man or woman. Remember jumping to shoot the monks in the face.

I vividly remember the jumping and the shooting part. The fact that you could choose male/female only came back to me when you mentioned it. I must have only been about 5 when I was playing it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Harrier Attack. But not in colour, on a green monochrome monitor. Shortest load time on the Amstrad too, less than 5 minutes. Amazing. Scalextric took half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Stokolan wrote: »
    PONG

I remember it well. Think still have it somewhere. A hand held controller that you tune into the tv.

was that the one with the dial on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing the video for Gods reminds me of Magic Pockets

which I especially remember from Going Live or whatever the UTV show was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Nonterraqueous on the Amstrad CPC 464

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Is there anyone young on this forum then? Think the newest console mentioned has been a PS1 and there's only been one or two of those!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

BCF6C5605.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Harps wrote: »
    Is there anyone young on this forum then? Think the newest console mentioned has been a PS1 and there's only been one or two of those!

If the ps1 was your first console you ARE young

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I think centipede or basketball on the atari. I can barely remember it though, it was my older sister's who had it when I was about 4 or 5. The first game I can strongly remember playing was probably Ghostbusters on the Commodore 64.

Had a friend in primary school who had a famicom, and I remember playing Super Mario Bros. there and he had like one of those dodgy 100 games on one cart thingies, and I remember playing Joust, 1942 and a few others on it. He also had an incredible Transformers collection that I was very envious of.

First game I played on my own NES was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

A game called dangerous dave on DOS I think. Then sonic and Alex Kidd on the master system.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

ataripacman.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Took me ages to find this game as I could not remember the name at all. But i finally found it :) I was about 6/7 when I played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

First gaming memory was being with parents when we called to friends of theirs on the way home from a long journey.

They had teenage sons and they brought us into the sitting room and turn on a game called Chuckie Egg.

It was being played on a Mitsubishi ! There were huge built in directional buttons on the RHS of the keyboard. I've never seen anything like it since.

We didn't live near these people, so I had a few goes of the game and then we had to go. It's probably a good thing as I would have annoyed the hell out of them constantly calling to play it :-)

Ah, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mario 1 on the NES....in a shopping mall in Australia. I got one as soon as I got home to Ireland. I was hooked. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

COYVB wrote: »
    If the ps1 was your first console you ARE young

The PS1 was the first console that I owned.

The first game I played was on a BBC Micro. And the first thing I owned that I played games on was an Apple II. Dunno if I'd be called young :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

that acorn computer 'game'

fw100 r45 fw200 r90,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Flimbo's Quest on the C64.
    Cant rememeber the other 2 games that were on the Cart but them too. God I loves those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭jimmy the car

Think the game was called Quest on the BBC many many many moons ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

do those little mini arcade gamebox's count? I had one called Firefox F7 and the brother had some helicopter game.

here...classic, delighted I found this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbEAyFlIVvo:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Charlie-and-the-Chocolate-Factory--1985--Hill-MacGibbon-.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

The first game I played was on a BBC Micro. And the first thing I owned that I played games on was an Apple II. Dunno if I'd be called young :)

Touche. Though you'd be in the minority there I assume. I probably should've said if your first experience with video games was the PS1 generation then you're either young, or incredibly old

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Heh, my first console was the PS3, went straight from the C64 to PC and stayed on PC for years, then got a job, married and a mortgage and decided that consoles were just easier all round :)

Advertisement